8. Hanji's Betrayal

[ Friday ]

After taking a short break, you were looking for Mikasa and found her sitting in front of her computer, minding her own business. You walked to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Come here for sec." She gave you a doubtful look but followed you out of the room anyways.

"What? Pipsqueak hit on you or something?" she deadpanned.

"N-no! What makes you think that?" you asked, frowning.

"Hanji was talking about something like that," she shrugged and you sighed.

"Damn her. Anyways! I found some candies in the pantry and I'm going to eat them. You coming with me?" you asked enthusiastically. You wanted to her believe you so you acted as naturally as possible. Let's just say, you were pretty bad at acting.

Mikasa squinted and touched your forehead. "It doesn't look like you have fever."

"Oh, shut up," you said, taking her hand and dragging her towards the pantry, "Don't you like eating candies? It'll be fun. Plus, it's been a while since I last broke rules."

"I thought you wanted to have a decent image at work?" she interrogated apprehensively; your behavior didn't look very natural today.

"I do! But candies are more important; also, no one will ever know. I'm a professional at sneaking," you smiled brightly which only increased Mikasa's suspicion.

After a few moments of walking, you two finally reached the little pantry. "Why is Hanji here?" she asked, her sixth sense saying that something insane was about to happen.

"Yo, Mikasa!" Hanji grinned, opening the pantry door. You assumed that she had already locked Eren inside.

In an instant, you used all of your strength and pushed Mikasa inside, and Hanji quickly locked the door.

Man, she was heavy, you sighed.

"(F/n)? Hanji- AHH!" Mikasa's squeak came from the other side; this was rare since the girl always kept her 'emo' type composure and barely ever raised her voice. A few grunts and squeals could be heard from inside, before the two realized who the other person was and started talking in hushed tones.

You and Hanji did a high-five and started laughing. "What do you say? When should we open the door?" you asked in between your giggles.

"Not until they kis- "

"What is going on here?" asked a strict voice from close behind, making you jump.

You turned around and almost stumbled at seeing how close Levi was standing, his breaths faintly touching your skin, sending chills down your spine. Quickly moving away from him, you brought back your composure while he looked bored as ever, as if standing so close to an employee was totally normal.

"Here comes Shorty, sneaking up behind (F/n) for no apparent reason," Hanji shook her head.

"You two were the ones sneaking," he snapped and then glared at you.

"We weren't sneaking, we were frelping!" Hanji smiled.

"What?"

"When you help your friends, it's known as frelping," she explained and you nodded.

"Yes, and Hanji and I are very frelpful people," you added.

Levi rolled his gray eyes, "Four-eyes, fuck off. (L/n), follow me."

"Ooh, you've started giving (F/n) special treatment, huh?" Hanji cooed while he just clicked his tongue in response. He just felt too bored to argue with her bullshit right now.