Delawares decision

That night Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island all met up in Delawares room. Why? You may ask. So, they could discuss what they were going to do about the situation they're in right now of course! Now while America was fully aware of this he decided to let it pass. Then he proceeded to catch up on paperwork and went nonstop. As head of the meeting Delaware was short to say nervous. He knew that whatever decision he made could either shut down whatever relationships he had or make them prosper.

When everyone was finally settled down he addressed them. "Father wants us to make peace with the other countries and I agree with making peace with most of them. Lets be reminded that he would appreciate if we made peace with England as well. Our past with him has been.... well horrible to say the least, but we don't know him as a person so, convince me on what to do people." And with those words the original thirteen meeting began.

Delaware's POV

To my surprise Rhode Island was the first to speak up. Usually she waits to see what everyone else says and then makes her decision. 

Like you said we don't know him as a person and if we start a relationship with him like that we may very well have more resources and opportunities.

Thank you Rhode for your input is there anything you would like to add?

No.

Alright then. Does anyone else have anything to say?

"I do." says New Jersey.

Alright lets hear it. 

While I agree with Rhode about the resources and opportunities what about our history with him? We can't just ignore it. The best thing for us to do is figure out how to compromise with him. Not enemies, but not friends either.

Thank you Jersey for your input, and I have one question for you. How do we be allies with him and yet not become more than just not friends but not an enemy?

I... well.. I-uh didn't think of that.

Thats ok. Does anyone want to voice their opinions on the matter?

Georgia raised her hand and said "while both Rhode and Jersey make good points why should we even try to make a better relationship with him when its clear he hates us?"

This was met with silence until Connecticut finally said something. Well we could do a lot worse than be his friend. For example we could start another world or civil war so, lets give it a go. Besides we haven't talked to him at all so, how do we know he hates us Georgia? Oh and Jersey your input was stupid and didn't help at all.

I cut Jersey off when he was about say something and said "Seeing as its 12:56 you all should head to bed and I'll tell you my decision after breakfast tomorrow in  Texas's pasture since the cows aren't gonna be there.

The next day

When I woke up I had my decision. We would try to be England's friend, but if anything ever happened because of him then we will never and I mean never forgive him. This is what being the oldest of fifty kids looks like people! GEORGIA HAND ME A PISTOL, WE DON'T KNOW WHO IS FIGHTING WHO RIGHT NOW!

After Breakfast the thirteen met in Texas's pasture and as they waited for me to make my announcement they split up into small factions.When  I was finally ready i told them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating. My mom decided that we are gonna do school stuff during spring break and I had writers block. Soooo... that happened. BbyYyEe