Helpful Intentions

Kix's P.O.V

After Fern went out of sight, I told Waxer to hold the ice to his neck, then left. I had already treated Echo and Jessie's injures, but there's something that Jessie told me that has me concerned. 

"I'm telling ya, she looked like dislocated her arm to get me. Ahh!- Careful! That stings!"

If she really did dislocate her arm, she could be in a lot of pain. But why would she hurt herself just to pry him off her? Was she really that desperate to escape? Or was she that scared?

I walk to where Fern went and found her cooking something. She was cutting some weird cylinder things out of a packet and putting them into a pan. I noticed she wasn't using her left arm much and assumed that was the one she injured. I step forward into the room and she immediately tensed and flinched.

 "Hey, It's alright! It's me, Kix." I tell her softly. She glanced back at me and relaxed a little, but her left shoulder was shaking as she looked ready to run if need be. She really is scared of us, isn't she?

She takes a deep breath and talks. "I already fixed my arm." This shocked me. How did she know that I-! "I heard what Jessie said, he was right." ... How did she hear him?!?!

Fern's P.O.V

Kix looks surprised. He must be thinking about how I heard him. "It's alright, It's not the first time it's happened." His expression changes and he steps closer, I tense up.

"Hey, calm down. I just wanted to thank you, for allowing us to stay, I mean." I stare blankly at him and continue to make dinner for everyone. "Umm, can I look over your arm? Just to make sure it's been relocated properly?" He asks. I tense up.

Are you sure you trust him to touch you?

He sound's sincere enough, what could go wrong?

.

.

.

.

Remember what happened last time?

Kix's P.O.V

"Fern? Are you alright?" I went to put a hand onto her shoulder but she jumped back with a startled expression. She was shaking and shuffling backward. She takes in a shaky breath and closes her eyes. After a minute she opens her eyes again and looks blankly at the floor. Without a word, she leaves the room and went upstairs.

"Did you two see that?" I ask my brothers who tried and failed, to eavesdrop on our interaction without being noticed. Hardcase and Fives move out from behind the doorway, looking like scolded younglings. Fives spoke up first. "She looked like you threatened to shoot her or something."

"I think she doesn't like being touched." Hardcase pointed out, making Fives roll his eyes. "Yea, we got that." 

"I think we should give her some space for a bit. To let her calm down."

Crash! Yelp!

"What was that!?" Hardcase asked sounding excited, he complained how it was boring earlier. I don't know how. He and Fives dash out of the room looking for the source of the noise. I sigh and follow after them.

Rex's P.O.V

While Kix and this Fern girl were talking, Cody and I move away from the others to talk. "Are you sure this is a good idea? We barely even know this kid!" I ask once out of earshot of the others. Cody sighs then answers. "I know, this doesn't sit right with me either. But we have nowhere else to go. What other choice do we have?" 

I sigh and rub my face. He has a point. Without noticing I started to pace around while thinking. I stop and sigh. "Fine. We stay for now and try to find a way to contact the republic. But keep an eye on that girl. Something's off about her." I plan and Cody agrees. 

Creek!

"What the-?!"

Crash! Yelp!

Hi, guys! Here's a new chapter for those who enjoy this story. So, what do you think about Fern? Any questions on her past? GOOD! Also, what happened to Rex? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!! ;)