The Ant Room

Echo's P.O.V

After Kix left to talk to Fern, and the Captain and Commander left to talk in the corridor, the rest of us clones began to discuss what is going to happen. Will the Jedi come for us, a batch of expendable clones? We're replaceable, we'll probably be left here, wherever that is. I'll have to ask Fern what Star-System we're in. 

We all jump up when we hear a crash, yelp, and a string of curses in Mando'a. We crowded into the small corridor to see the Captain at the bottom of a shaft. "Are you alright, Captain?" I inquire as we look down the narrow shaft. He rubs his head as Fern comes running down the stairs. She brushes past all of us and goes down into the area where the Captain fell.

Fern's P.O.V

Sugar! Did someone fall into the ant room? Who? I rush down the ladder and quickly pull up Rex. Then I speed walk into my little Ant Kingdom. When I see everything is alright I turn back and climb up the ladder. When I return to the hall, Rex was rubbing his head and the others looked confused. 

"What's that for? What's down there? Anything interesting!" Hardcase asked many questions until Fives pushes him away. I ignore him and look at Rex, whos having his head looked at by Kix.

"You should put a warning there you know." Echo comments. "There is." I point at the hard-to-miss, highly obvious reflective black and yellow tape on the floor. "Although, people usually come in here with the lights on."

I look back at Hardcase. "That's my Ant room. I look after insects, mainly ants, but I have a few species of Arachnids and Beatles and ... other things." My speech falters at the confused looks of the boys in front of me. I sigh, "Come see." I invite them down.

On ones P.O.V

As Fern went down the ladder, the Clone looked at each other unsure. That is until Hardcase jumps down. The others laugh lightly at the sight and soon follow. When they enter the Ant room they were surprised at the humidity at first, but then that changed to wonder at the array of terrariums littered across various tables and shelves. Fern started to tell them about her Fire ants. "Ok, so, this is the 'Tayir Alfyniq'. Which means 'Phoenix Fire' in Arabic. They get their name from their red and black coloration and that when they sting it causes a burning sensation. So I'd advise you to get your hand out." Hardcase quickly retracts his hand from the tropical terrarium.

After a quick tour and some brief explanations, everyone was tired. It had been a long day. So as the Clones settled into the bunk-beds in the spare rooms and Fern into her bed in the Attic they were all thinking, what's going to happen next?

(Sorry this is short, my laptop broke and I couldn't write on it. I'm currently writing on my mum's computer and I won't be able to do this often as she is running a business of this thing. Hope you enjoy this lousy excuse of a chapter, I will write a longer chapter next when, hopefully, my laptop gets fixed. Bye!)