Chapter 4

Anthony raced to his car and made his way the the coffee shop. He soon arrived and waited for Mari. Eventually after a 20 minute wait Mari was at the coffee shop sitting with Anthony drinking some coffee. "So Anthony now can you tell me why I'm here?" Mari asked. "Well, Ian has been acting kinda strange." He began but was interrupted "Okay..and you called me here because? Did you get in a fight?" She said. "No, we didn't get in a fight. The other night I'm pretty sure he left the house and when I got up that morning he was reading this book and he tried to hide it from me." Anthony explained. Mari nodded her head for him to continue. "And today he tried to have a look at the book he was 'reading'  and he snatched it away saying don't touch it." He looked up at a very confused Mari. "Okay..what's with the air marks around reading? Are you sure you didn't upset him?" She asked. "I'm certain I did nothing to upset him, and sometime he will read it..the book I mean, but sometime he will just look at the cover or try and memorise it. I'm just so worried about him. So I need you to try and get him to talk. Please!" Anthony finished. Mari thought for a moment. "Fine I will try." They paid for their drink and left for the smosh house.

Ian hadn't seem to noticed them come in. He was yet again just examining the cover of the book. His fingertips gently moving over the letters sighing. "Hey Ian. Watcha doin there?" Mari asked nervously. Ian didn't look up. "Nothing." He said blankly. Just as he was about to leave the room Mari asked him another question. "Well then what's the book about? It looks good. Can I have a look?" Ian looked at the book then at Mari. Do I show her? Can I trust Mari? What if she tells Anthony? Trying to get the attention away from him; which he was getting sick of, he carefully gave Mari the book. "Be careful with it." Ian said quietly. Mari looked at the book. The cover was black and it has small gold writing on the cover that said : The little family.  As she looked at it more closely she saw a little note also in gold which read: To my little boy Ian, love dad. x  Anthony came closer to have a look which alarmed Ian, he snatched the book away and ran to his room locking the door. 

"What was that about?" Mari asked worriedly. "I don't know but why did he suddenly panic when I had a look?" Anthony said. Maybe I did do something to upset him. Mari noticed the pain in Anthony's eyes. "Hey, don't worry Anthony! I'm sure Ian will tell you what' going on soon." she said trying to make him feel better. "No he won't! I know Ian! If he doesn't tell me or trust his boyfriend now why would later on?! And no offence Mari, but why the fucking hell would he just let you have a look at the book and not me?! I'm his fucking boyfriend! We are supposed to tell each other stuff not hide it!" He shouted almost in tears. "Woah Anthony calm down, things will sort themselves out." she soothed. Anthony wasn't going to be easy to calm down.

From his room Ian heard everything. He began to sob silently. How could he hurt the person he loved so much? Why couldn't he just be a man and tell Anthony what was wrong? Ian's sobs grew louder as he let everything sink in and his emotions pour out. Was it really worth it? Was it really worth hurting the person he so dearly loved?