14

I fell asleep in the alley and woke up early, early enough to get to May's home before she wakes up. I shower and change and head to school. I leave  my money from my job for rent, and some for May's meds. When I get to school we have a test in chemistry. I decided to dit in the back of the class, and yippy, so does flash.

"No more talking, the test is out." The teacher said. I knew flash was bound to copy me, so I did it as quick as possible. I get up to turn in my test when the teacher has to go to the office.

"Hey, anyone know the answer to number 5?" A voice from the front calls.

"I dont know man, I'm dumb, ask parker." A second voice calls.

"Hey parker? What's the answer to number 5?" The first person asks.

"I-I don't remem-remember, sorry" I replied nervously.

"Nah, man your cool. Thanks anyway."

"Its potassium," I hear a girl call from somewhere in the middle. Suddenly emo music starts blatimg out of a phone, "shit! Not again! Sorry, my earbuds got caught on my desk."

Then, to my left, where flash was sitting, "what was that? Death metal, emo?"

The girl replied, "Its My Chemical Romance!" and I remembered why it sounded so familiar. Annabeth? Huh.

The teacher chose that moment to walk in, except it wasnt our teacher, it was a sub. "Ki- mr. Brunner? What are you doing here? Is he okay?"

The rest of the day went by in a blur, and I walked to the internship.

"Hey, kid. Nat said you were gonna be late, that you might even die. What was that all about?" Mr. Stark asked.

"Nothing, I was mugged. Nothing I cant handle."

"So that's where your black eye came from?"

"What?! Oh, yeah-yeah." I reply, remembering lunch.

"Hey p*nis parker, what was that, huh? I didn't finish my work!" Flash then proceeded to punch my senseless  and left me there.

"Hey, kid! You spaced out on me there, you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Ok, well I want you to meet the rest of the avengers. They'll be hanging around here more."

Sorry for the short chapter!