chapter 9 - the sports festival pt3 one vs. one (round-1)

After being blind for ten minutes, it was finally time for one vs. one. The arrangements were:

1. Y/n Kayama vs. Fumikage Tokoyami

2. Izuku Midoriya vs. Hitoshi Shinso

3. Denki Kaminari vs. Ibara Shiozaki

4. Eijiro Kirishima vs. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

5. Shoto Todoroki vs. Hanta Sero

6. Mina Ashido vs. Yuga Aoyoma

7. Tenya Iida vs. Mei Hatsume

8. Katsuki Bakugo vs. Ochaco Uraraka

I guess my match is up first. Both our quirks are related to dark but I have an advantage. Since his dark 'shadow', I could easily win. My quirk not only allows me to freeze shadows in their place but also control how they move. But I have to be quick to give my command. So my plan is to control dark shadow (since he's a shadow) and command it to step out of the arena. It would take around 20 seconds so I'll go blind for 10 minutes but it would be worth it since my next match won't be in an hour.

I walked into the arena as the crowd cheered for me and Tokoyami. We both bowed to each other and then mom told us to start. I immediately controlled dark shadow and said," dark shadow move out of the arena please." he moves out of the arena and I'm declared the winner. Unexpectedly it took less than 15 seconds and I'm happy that I didn't go blind otherwise I would have missed my classmate's match. Now the next match is Midoriya vs. Shinso.

time skip brought to you by Shinso's love for cats

Right now I'm worrying for Midoriya because I know that Shinso would say something that would get Midoriya to speak despite Ojiro's warning. This way Shinso would definitely win the match since Midoriya won't be able to control his body.

I have always been able to see what a person is saying by looking at the movement of their mouths (I'm really bad at explaining things). But right now I wish I didn't cause what Shinso said made me blush so hard that I thought my cheeks would get a third degree burn. " Y/n is mine so back off." "No she's-" Midoriya gets brainwashed and starts to walk out of the arena. When he is barely one step away from losing, two of his fingers start to glow and then they broke indicating that he used his quirk. He woke up and ran towards Shinso. Shinso tried to get him to talk again but failed as Midoriya remembered that he shouldn't speak to him. Shinso ended up losing the match. "You did amazing Shinso." I said as I flew to him. "Thanks y/n but I guess it wasn't good enough." "You may not have won, but you totally caught some pro heroes' eyes." I said as I pointed towards the pro heroes who were talking about him. Then I pointed towards the crowd who was cheering for him. "Look they're also cheering for you" "Thank you y/n, you always know how to cheer people up."

All the other matches ended rather quickly. Shiozaki totally overpowering Kaminari, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu tied, Todo-kun just made an ice berg to capture Sero, Mina threw acid over Aoyama's belt, Tenya being used as an advertisement by Mei. The last match is Bakugo vs. Uraraka. Right now everybody was booing for Bakugo just because they thought he was toying with the girl. This made me mad. "WHOEVER SAID THAT, HE IS NIT TOYING WITH HER NEITHER IS HE HOLDING BACK CAUSE HE KNOWS THAT SHE'S STRONG. SO STOP YOUR BULLSHIT" Everybody went quite and Bakugo won.

Now it's time for round 2.