Chapter 8

"That woman! She's a maid but her attitude is that of a commander-in-chief." Chi Su bares his teeth in contempt, talking about Martha with the comrades.

It's a sunny afternoon and all five comrades are seated on a L-shaped sofa in the living room. A few feet across, Se Ri is sitting in a chair with her laptop on the table. She's occupied in her work, checking the balance sheets of her company.

Pyo Chi Su continues on his rants. "This morning, I asked her if we had any Kimchi. She looked me directly in the eye and said I ate all of the Kimchi that could otherwise last three months and that my stomach is a walking Kimchi cellar."

"Oh, she said that to you? In South Korean dramas, maids usually have such kind of attitude." Ju Meok explains. "In the end, it turns out they're not the maids but the actual owner of the house, disguising as maids."

"Wow. Really?" Eun Dong gapes.

"Tell no porkies! I'll definitely dig a kimchi cellar outside this house but not for storing kimchi. Instead, I'll bury that maid in it." Chi Su yells grinding his teeth.

Se Ri, upon getting interrupted by Company Five's chatter, raises her head and admonishes

Se Ri, upon getting interrupted by Company Five's chatter, raises her head and admonishes. "I can't believe you guys are soldiers. As if learning knitting is not enough, you have even started sounding like ahjummas. Especially you, Chi Su." Se Ri continues. "Eun Dong, you wanted to use the PC?"

Eun Dong nods and walks up to Se Ri.

"I wanted to play an online game. I was in Seoul, the last time I played it." Eun Dong says.

"Go, get Jeong Hyeok's laptop from his desk. You can use it for that purpose." Se Ri replies, her heart skipping a beat upon saying Jeong Hyeok's name, who's left for Paris.

Eun Dong complies and returns with a laptop. He sits across Se Ri and powers it on.

"I think Captain Ri must have reached Paris by now." Kwang Beom says looking at the wall clock. "It's been three hours since he left."

"Yes. His flight was expected to reach in one hour and fiteen minutes. He must be in Paris already." Ju Meok nods.

Se Ri tries hard to concentrate on work but fails. She's constantly thinking about Jeong Hyeok. 'I didn't even see him off when he left. I hope he is fine. Why am I thinking about him? I don't care he's fine or not, if he's eaten or not. I'm not thinking about him. No! Se Ri, concentrate on your work. But my Hyeoki left and I didn't even see his face. I don't care, okay? He is hiding things from me and I should not think about such vague a person. But my Hyeoki! Se Ri no!' Her inner voices are combating against each other- one for Hyeoki, another against it. Her head is churning on the inside with the endless overthinking.

"Se Ri!" Eun Dong speaks looking at the screen as he taps his fingers on the keypad. "I see an icon in the game folder. It's called 'Memories of the Alhambra'. What's that?"