Chapter 17

"Eun Dong, you've been holding cotton ball #1 for 10 minutes and 30 seconds. Now it's my turn. Give her to me." Chi Su yells, looking at Eun Dong who's cradling little Edel in his arms, humming a lullaby.

"Five minutes more, Chi Su. Just five minutes. Eddie seems to like the song I'm humming." Eun Dong whispers.

Chi Su, then, turns towards Ju Meok, who has Weiss in his arms. He's making funny faces, trying to entertain the second twin. "Ju Meok! You've been playing with cotton ball #2 for fifteen minutes. Give her to me." He speaks, holding out his arms.

"No. I'll get Weiss, once Ju Meok's time is over." Kwang Beom speaks. "And Chi Su, stop calling them cotton balls. It sounds awkward."

The comrades are sitting in a circle on the living room floor. Eun Dong and Ju Meok are holding Edel and Weiss respectively, who're wearing matching bodysuits in white color. Chi Su, Kwang Beom and Man Bok are eagerly waiting for their turns to play with the twins.

"I can't get enough of these cute kittens

"I can't get enough of these cute kittens. I wish I could play with them forever." Eun Dong mutters.

"It's sad we're leaving today. I have gotten so used to Edel and Weiss that I'll be hearing their cries even when I'm in North Korea." Ju Meok says, bringing a plush toy near Weiss' face and her hands try to grab it, saliva running out of the side of her petal-shaped mouth. Man Bok immediately cleans it with a handkerchief.

"I hope they remember us." Kwang Beom whispers, holding Edel's hand.

"Why won't they remember us? We're their uncles." Chi Su yells, moving his eyeballs back and forth between Edel and Weiss. "We'll protect them whenever and wherever they need us."

Just then Se Ri emerges from her bedroom, holding a writing pad in her hands. She's dressed in a yellow maxi dress, her face bare and has a natural glow. Jeong Hyeok follows her, who's wearing black coloured sweatshirt and joggers. His damp hair has a just-showered look, his skin glistening, absorbing the natural light penetrating through the glass windows. He takes Se Ri's hand and walks beside her before joining the comrades.

Se Ri, upon sitting with the comrades, taps on the writing pad and speaks

Se Ri, upon sitting with the comrades, taps on the writing pad and speaks. "I have been meaning to do this for a while now but kept on postponing until today since it's your last day here in Switzerland. I hope it brings smiles on your gloomy faces." She looks at comrades, having completed her sentence.