Chapter 9

"Oh—Hyeoki, I thought—I thought something is going to happen to me." Se Ri whimpers, her head against Jeong Hyeok's chest and hands wrapped tightly around his waist. "Someone was following me, Hyeoki."

Jeong Hyeok shudders, his heart suddenly stops beating for a few moments upon hearing what Se Ri is saying. He pulls back, takes his hands in hers, entwining their fingers and looks her in the eye. "Someone was following you, Se Ri?" He skims the place through his eyes, eagerly looking around and speaks. "Is that why you're hiding here? Are you hurt?" Jeong Hyeok observes her closely, her face, arms and legs.

"Y—yes, Hyeoki. Someone was following me right from Lucern. It was a white car. I—err—I thought he'd attack my car, so I hid here, finding this building. I'm okay now." Se Ri tightens her grip on Jeong Hyeok's hands. "But how did you know I'm here? When did you return from Paris?"

Jeong Hyeok is still looking around, his eyes burning with pain, having known what Se Ri went through. He speaks, still looking into the distance. "I took an early flight. When I reached home, comrades told me you were in Lucerne. Since it started getting dark, I got worried and tracked you down via the app you downloaded on my phone in Seoul." He touches Se Ri's cheek, his eyes moist. "I cannot imagine Se Ri, what you must have been through. I cannot—I cannot imagine what would have happened had I not shown up on time."

"You're always there to save me, Hyeoki. All the time." I am so relieved now having you with me.

Jeong Hyeok side hugs her as they start walking towards Jeong Hyeok's car. "Let's go in my car. I'll get yours picked up in the morning." He sits Se Ri down in the car and puts her seat belt on before kissing her forehead. He, then, takes his position in the driver's seat. "Se Ri, we need to report this incident. Your security means more than anything to me." He speaks, smoothly speeding up the car.

"Since you're my bodyguard, right?" Se Ri looks at his side, her hand holding his.

"Bodyguard. Husband and now father of our twins." Jeong Hyeok smiles looking at her.

"Our Hyeoki has so much on his plate

"Our Hyeoki has so much on his plate." Se Ri tries to pull off a smile. "I have so much to talk to you. So much to apologise."

"Shh— we'll do that later. Don't worry about that. You matter most now." Jeong Hyeok clenches his jaw. "I'll call the detective tomorrow. We need to report this incident, Se Ri."

"Hmm." Se Ri nods.

"Let's go home for now." Jeong Hyeok says never looking away from the road.

"Yes, home. Our home." Se Ri lets out a sigh.

***

Having taken a bubble bath after the dinner, Se Ri unlocks the bathroom door to enter her bedroom and is surprised to see the view that is welcoming her with open arms. Their bedroom is lit with aroma candles exuding the exotic scent of English Rose. The dim lighting and subtle perfume is perfectly setting the mood for a romantic night. To top it off, a melodious track oozing through the speakers is putting the atmosphere in a state of trance. It's 'Here I am Again' by Yerin Baek. This song holds a special place in Se Ri and Jeong Hyeok's heart.