Chapter 4

Are you ready for the rollercoaster??? Read, comment, and vote!

Chapter 4

***

May 31, 2018

***

Joe admitted that this time around, Val's pregnancy had been a bit more challenging. However, every time he thought about seeing her and his children whenever his week-plus long tour ended, he concluded that his impending loneliness would be worth the joy of going home to his family; although, lately, things had been a bit tense around their home, leaving him unable to shake the feeling that Val had been hiding something from him. The thought inundated his mind so much that he eventually opened up to his cousins about his concerns during their ritual pre-show gym outing.

"Can I tell y'all something?" he asked, sitting up on the weight bench.

"Fasho, uce," Jon answered.

Josh nodded and he continued.

"I think Val's hiding something pretty big from me, and I have no idea what it is. She's been so distant lately. Things aren't bad between us, but they could be a lot better, ya know?"

"So, y'all ain't gettin' along?" Josh asked, draping a towel around his neck.

"We're doing OK, but it's not like it was in the beginning."

"Pssh, it happens," Jon said, matter-of-factly. "Y'all still getting to know each other, uce. Don't even sweat it."

"I guess you're right," Joe agreed. "But, something's got her wound up pretty tight, though."

"Like what?" Josh asked, taking a sip of water from his sports bottle.

"This does not leave this gym. Understand?" Joe firmly said, giving both twins stern glares.

Jon cocked a curious brow at his cousin.

"Judging by the way you givin' us that death glare, you probably shouldn't be shar-"

"I think the baby might not be mine," Joe blurted out.

His admission stunned both of his cousins into complete silence for several moments, until Jon finally found the courage to speak.

"Muthafucka, I know you fuckin' lyin'."

Joe let out a deep sigh.

"Uce, get the fuck outta here with that nonsense," Josh said, waving a dismissive hand. "That girl loves your dirty ass drawers, man. She definitely ain't fuckin' around on you and yo' stupid ass better not say nothing to her either."

"Right," Jon said, "like did you even stop to think that it could be somethin' goin' on with her personally?"

"I don't know. She won't talk to me, so what the hell else am I supposed to think?" Joe asked.

"Muthafucka, anything other than she cheatin' on you! What the fuck?!" Jon exclaimed, holding out questioning hands.

"You know what? Just forget I said anything."

Joe stood from the weight bench and started to walk out of the gym before being halted by Josh's words.

"I know NooNoo, man. She ain't like that. There's something goin' on with her and you need to find out what it is before this shit fuck up yo' marriage, uce."

"I know, man. I wanna believe that everything's OK and she's just on edge with the whole surprise pregnancy and all, but my heart's telling me something different. I've tried talking to her about it, but every time I do, she shuts down."