Chapter 5

True to his word Jungkook did help his mate through his heat. Taehyung woke up to an empty bed the next morning. Rolling onto his back, he became painfully aware just how sore his entire body was. Smiling, the omega remembered how caring his alpha had been.

"Hey baby, look at me." Taehyung whimpered but looked up. Jungkook squeezed his hand "I love you." That was all it took for the omega to break down into tears.

Taehyung couldn't believe how patient and understanding Jungkook had been. He felt unbelievably lucky. All the thoughts of his alpha had him wanting to find him. Taehyung took his time getting cleaned up and waddling down the hallway in hopes of finding Jungkook. Jimin was looking through a cabinet when he heard small footsteps approach him. "Have you seen Jungkook?" Jimin turned to meet Taehyung's sleepy eyes. "He's in a meeting in his study, but I would wait till he was done if I were you." Taehyung chose to ignore his fellow omega, getting irritated that everyone seemed to think they knew his mate better than him.

Jungkook was distracted as he listened to Yoongi and Namjoon talk about their recent raid. His thoughts were filled with a certain omega. A small knock was heard, and Taehyung's head poked out from behind the door. "Can I come in?" The beta's in the room seemed to be annoyed by the interruption and continued on with their conversation, Jungkook, on the other hand was beaming. He smiled at his timid omega and gestured for him to come in.

Taehyung climbed into Jungkook's lap trying to get comfortable. "You okay baby?" Jungkook kissed his temple hoping to offer some comfort to his restless mate. "Tired and sore...I missed you this morning." Jungkook rubbed Taehyung's lower back trying to ease the soreness. "I'm sorry petal, I hoped to be back before you woke up. I missed you too." Taehyung wrapped an arm around one of Jungkook's, deciding he wanted to sleep in his favorite spot. In his alpha's arms.

"Are we going to continue the meeting?" An alpha from the other end of the table questioned. Jungkook lifted his head, "Why wouldn't we?" The alpha shifted, laughing "Well...there is an omega in the room." Jungkook's eyes flashed a deep red. "This omega is my mate. He is your Luna. As far as I'm concerned he ranks above you if I'm correct?" The challenge in Jungkook's voice was enough for the alpha to lower his head in submission. "Disrespect your Luna again and I'll rip your head off just like Kang." The tension in the room was incredible.

Taehyung let out a little giggle in Jungkook's neck. His Wolfie was going all 'big bad wolf mode' over him, and for once he really didn't mind it. "Does my baby think this is funny?" Jungkook's voice was raspy and deep, sending a shiver down Taehyung's spine. "No...well..kinda." Jungkook smacked Taehyung's thigh hard, earning a squeal from him. "Alright Alpha, sorry to interrupt you, but we need to discuss the hunt." Yoongi looked at his Alpha, "We need to make sure that we decide on who is going this year." Jungkook nodded, "Alright, probably will be the same members as last year Min." Yoongi shook his head, "Well Kang was a part of the hunt last year and well something came up." The wolves in the room snickered at this. Jungkook kept a straight face, "Okay then train someone to replace him." Jungkook stood up with Taehyung fast asleep in his arms, "Report back to me. I will have to make sure this wolf is good enough." The alpha always was the first one to exit the meetings and everyone followed behind.

The next month was extremely busy due to the hunt being only a week away. The hunt required the best of the pack to hunt other animals for food. This was due to winter being close by and food being scarce. The only wolf left behind with power was Yoongi, in order to watch over the pack grounds, meaning Jungkook had to go. This did not set well with Taehyung, especially since he was extremely clingy recently.

"But Kook, I don't see why you have to go. Have other pack members go in your place! It's only for a month!" Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hands in his, "Yes pup, it is only a month. So that means I will be back before you know it." Taehyung continued to follow Jungkook around the pack house. "But what if...um...well what if I can't fall asleep one night and I need you to comfort me? Or what if I get locked out of the house and no one is here to let me in?" Jungkook's head was throbbing. Ever since he told Taehyung about him having to leave, Taehyung would make up excuses on why Jungkook shouldn't go.

"Or what if-" , Jungkook placed a hand over his mate's mouth. "Petal, I am going because I always go. This is tradition and I have to lead. That is what alpha's do." Taehyung's eye turned a light blue, "But what am I supposed to do while you are gone?" Jungkook cupped Taehyung's face, "You are the Luna, Tae. You have to be in control while I am gone." Taehyung's jaw dropped, "Oh no, I can't run a pack by myself! No way." Jungkook chuckled, "Yoongi is here baby, so you will be fine." Jungkook walked out of the pack house towards the training grounds, with of course Taehyung on his heels. "Please stay Kook." Jungkook turned around and kissed his mates head. He then placed a kiss over Taehyung's mark, "I will be back baby. You won't even know that I'm gone."

The last few weeks had been horrible for Taehyung. He was really missing his Alpha. Jungkook had been gone for two weeks and that should have been enough. Taehyung was laying on a pile of clothes Jungkook owned. He had been starting a nest with a few of his items. He just really missed him.

"Luna! We need you for a second!" Taehyung got up with a huff. He was really tired lately and hasn't felt the best. It is probably just because his alpha is too far away from him. Taehyung made his way to Jimin who was currently dusting the coffee table. "Jimin what are you doing? I thought you didn't do slave work?" Jimin chuckled, "Tae you really are something." Jimin walked over and showed Taehyung two different food menus. "Which one do you think would work best for the party?" Taehyung looked at Jimin closely, "What party Jimin?" Jimin's jaw dropped, "What do you mean what party!?" Jimin started pacing back and forth in a panic. Taehyung just stood there dumbstruck. "Tae! After the hunt is over, us omegas throw a huge feast for the hunters! This is tradition!" Taehyung's eyes lit up, "I love parties! Jimin why didn't you tell me?" Taehyung was giggling and clapping his hands together. "We have to throw the biggest party ever!" Jimin grabbed Taehyung's shoulders to calm him down. "Listen Tae, this isn't like a birthday party okay? We have to be on our best behavior for when the hunters come." Jin walked into the room grabbing the food menus from Jimin, "If it is anything like last year, it is not gonna be smooth sailing." Taehyung's smile faltered, "Why do you say that?" Jin looked at Jimin and vice versa. "Well Tae, last year wasn't very good of a hunt season." Jimin chimed in, "Yeah the boys barely found anything so when they came back....alpha was mad." Jimin shivered at the memory of the alpha.

"What did Jungkook do?" Taehyung was scared to know the answer. "Well, let's just say the Alpha had Yoongi training a lot of hunters for this year's hunt." Jin smirked, "It was actually really interesting how many people Jungkook managed to kill at the feast..." Jimin slapped Jin, "Stop thinking of it as a cool thing! The alpha killed more wolves than they did animals during the hunt. It was horrible ...and a few omegas too." Taehyung was shocked, "Why did Jungkook do that? He doesn't really seem..." Taehyung's thoughts went back to Kang and that situation. Maybe Jungkook could seem like someone to do that.

Taehyung then got a horrible pain in his stomach causing him to fall down on his knees. "Oh my god, that fucking hurts!" Jimin was quick to hold Taehyung, "Taehyung what hurts?" "My stomach really hurts, but don't worry the pain goes away in a few minutes."

Jimin shook his head, "No let me check you just in case. Alpha will lose his mind if something were to happen to you." Jimin helped Taehyung to stand and he walked him towards the examination room. "Okay Tae, what have you eaten today or yesterday?" Taehyung looked at his hands, "Um...nothing today. I had an apple yesterday." Jimin glared at Taehyung, causing Tae to whimper. "So you are telling me you haven't been eating? Taehyung..you need to eat." Taehyung nodded his head, "I know Jimin, but every time I eat I um..." Jimin glaced at Tae, "You what?" "I throw it up." Taehyung was embarrassed to tell Jimin about this. "How long Tae have you been throwing up?" Taehyung thought about it, "Um..maybe two and a half weeks now..." Jimin's eyes went wide, "After your first heat?" Taehyung nodded his head then lowered it. Jimin had an idea of what was wrong with the Luna.