Chapter 17

Taeyong walked around the pack grounds, heading to one of his favorite places he used to sit. Jaehyun was currently helping his father train the newbie wolves. So Taeyong had to find something to do.

Lately Taeyong had felt like he was dragging his mate down. He couldn't do much without the help of his mate and this caused him to feel like a burden. He could do something without the help of his mate and he was going to prove it.

The omega made it to Taehyung's flower garden, finding it by the strong smell of flowers that always brighten his day. Taeyong used to read here in peace and quiet, but sadly he couldn't exactly do his favorite hobby anymore.

He felt around on the ground, feeling some of the small flowers that covered it. Then his fingers touched something hard. He knew this must have been a book he had hid here, so he could read it. Just the thought of holding it depressed him.

The omega ran the pages through his fingers, praying that this would show him the words. This just made him mad and upset with himself. He couldn't do what he loved to do anymore and it was taking a toll on his life.

"What are you up to Taeyong?" A pleasant voice rang through the omega's ears. He loved this voice, it always helped to calm him.

"Hello Luna. Sorry I was just leaving.." Taeyung placed his hand on Taeyong's shoulder, "No no please sit down Yongie. I didn't mean to disturb you." Taeyong held the book in his hand, still feeling the cover over and over.

"What do you have there?" Taehyung looked at the book, which had clearly been read quite frequently. "Um...it's just a book I found.."

"Hmm.. may I see it Yongie?" Taeyong raised the book towards the voice of Taehyung, the Luna grabbing the tattered book. "This book is titled, "Spring Days". Was this one good?"

Taeyong's eyes lit up at the mention of the title, "Yes! It was always one of my favorites! My favorite part was when-" Taeyong's expression fell, realizing that he would never be able to read his favorite book ever again.

Taehyung placed the book in Taeyong's hands, "Go ahead Taeyong. Tell me what this story is about. Start to finish, I would love to hear!" Taeyong's expression was changed to shock. The Luna wanted to know about a story he read? "Um...it's kinda lame Luna.."

Taehyung giggled, "It can't be lame Taeyong if it was one of your favorites! And I find that we seem to like the same things. Go ahead."

The smaller omega was quiet at first, he was nervous to explain a book about romance and love to the pack Luna, but he wouldn't tell him no.

Hours had past, the sun was starting to set over the small garden, where the two omegas still sat.

"So that's when the boy confessed his love to the small girl! I couldn't believe he would do it at this point! But the girl was blushing and turned many shades of pink!" Taeyong had listed almost every detail of the story to Taehyung, never missing a beat.

Taehyung listened to every word that Taeyong would speak. He felt like he was reading the book himself and he was amazed that Taeyong was able to remember so many details.

Taeyong shivered a bit as he continued the story, not being unnoticed by Taehyung. "Not to interrupt Yongie, but you look cold?" Taeyong stopped, realizing that he was freezing, but was so into his story he didn't notice. "Yeah...I guess I am a little cold."

Taehyung raised up from the ground, grabbing Taeyong's hand in his. "Let's continue this tomorrow at the same time, same place?" Taeyong smiled an actual smile, "Sure Luna, sorry to have to bore you with my stories..."

Taehyung laughed, "Not at all Yongie. I am looking forward to the rest of it!" The two omegas walked hand in hand back to the pack house, meeting a worried Jaehyun.