Chapter 13

Jaehyun pouted as he pulled on the grass in front of him. Haechan was too busy playing with Taehyung on the porch to notice the older's sour mood.

'I'm an alpha too. I don't know why Dad couldn't take me.' Jaehyun felt his insecurities creeping into his thoughts. 'Maybe you're too weak of an alpha. He doesn't think you can take care of yourself.' Jaehyun tried to force the thoughts away, his bottom lip quivered, "Daddy doesn't think I'm weak right?"

Making sure his mother couldn't see him, the young alpha slowly stood up and headed towards the woods. He would show everyone just how strong he was.

Jaehyun felt like he had been walking for hours, he sniffed the air again, hoping he would catch the familiar scent of his father. He didn't want to admit it, but he was becoming scared. He couldn't remember his way home, having made too many twists and turns already. He heard a twig snap behind him causing him to turn around quickly. He saw nothing, but the setting sun.

Jaehyun's eyes widened, Jungkook would be home by sundown. Jaehyun started running as fast as his strong little legs would let him. After a few minutes his foot caught on a fallen branch causing him to stumble and fall down a steep hill. His face and arms becoming scratched with sharp twigs and rocks. The little alpha whimpered in pain, hearing a noise in front of him but being too tired to look up.

"What's a little pup like you doing out by yourself?" Jaehyun froze at the sound of the stranger's voice. He could tell the man was an alpha by the pheromones coming off of him. The stranger came closer squatting down to the boy's wounded figure.

"An Alpha pup too. How lucky am I." Jaehyun felt the large hand yank his arm harshly, pulling him from the brush. "I'll be taking you with me pup. Seems like you didn't want to stay with your pack anyway."

Jaehyun started to shake uncontrollably, he felt like he was on fire. His bones shifting in an uncomfortable way, and it felt as though he wasn't in control of his body anymore. Jaehyung looked down to see furry black paws replacing his feet.

The little alpha never imagined his first time shifting to be so traumatizing, and in any other situation he would be beyond excited, but right now all he could do was run.

The little pup ran as fast as he could looking over his shoulder to see the much larger wolf following close behind. Jaehyun was able to put a little distance between them as he crawled under a fallen tree. Once again looking behind him, only to run into something in front of him.

Jaehyun looked up at the towering black wolf in front of him. The eyes of the wolf a bright red, but not looking at him with anger, but more with worry. The little alpha felt the wolf prying into his thoughts.

"Jaehyun?" Jaehyun relaxed after hearing his father's voice. The wolf quickly nodded but was cut off by a loud growl.

Jungkook looked behind his pup to see a silver wolf stalking towards them. The Alpha nudged his pup behind him. He was upset with him, but also proud, but right now he needed to deal with this rogue. He did hear Jaehyun softly say, "I'm sorry Dad."

The rouge stopped a few feet away, "The pup is mine. He must have wandered off again. Thank you for finding him." The ashy wolf stepped forward to retrieve the pup when Jungkook let out a snarl.

"You must be an idiot if you think I believe that bullshit. This pup is mine. My own child. Mine!" Jungkook's growl made the alpha take a step back, clearly surprised.

"Why was he alone then. You have a poor way of protecting your pup alpha." Jungkook huffed, almost laughing.

"Yoongi kill him." Jungkook's pack took off after the rogue, leaving the alpha and his son alone. Jungkook learned his lesson after nearly scarring Haechan for life. Jaehyun was stronger than his brother, but the alpha wasn't going to risk it.