°4°

Countryside, 03

Countryside, 03. 56 PM

"Honestly, he sounds like a weirdo, Tae," Taehyung's older brother, Bogum, informs him through the speakers, though his voice is faint as if he's hiding from someone.

"He's not that bad, don't worry."

"I'm not worried, I know you can handle him," Bogum laughs like he's sharing an inside joke, "I just hope he'll help you out as much as he can. He won't be around most of the time, after all."

Taehyung looks out the window at the wide grey boring road in front of him, rolling his head a few times since his neck hurts so much. He promises himself he'll make a bathroom break at the next exit.

"We can't really blame him for that now, can we?" he tries to reason though he already knows that once Bogum sets his mind on something, it is almost impossible to convince him otherwise, "He has a job in Seoul. He'll probably drop by for the weekend anyways."

"Why are you even moving to Namg-il? Wouldn't it be more reasonable for both of you to just stay in Seoul? Rent a small comfortable apartment together? It just doesn't make sense."

Glancing back at the two happy bundles in the backseat, Naya playing with a pink-haired doll that he had to buy for her at their last stop and Jaeill that's sucking on his white pacifier, Taehyung allows a sad smile to curl his lips upwards, sighing.

"I just thought that since the kids are used to that environment I should adjust a little, ya know. They know the people there and had lived in that house for all their lives. It's easier for them. And since Jeon didn't have any objections, the agreement stands."

"Woah, Tae, I didn't know you had that in you," Bogum teases but his shallow tone reveals just how surprised he really is.

Taehyung, admittedly, is a bit hurt by it. Sure, he's done everything and possibly anything to piss his mother off in the past, but he's not heartless. Irresponsible maybe, even wild would do but insensitive? Not really.

"Yeah."

In the silence that follows after that reply of his, Taehyung checks his phone on the holder twice to be sure he's still on the line, the nothingness he's driving through making him uneasy about the connection.

To his right at to his left are endless and limitless fields of dead grass and large white rocks, encircled with old wooden fences that once possibly served as obstacles for the horses and cows.

"So," Bogum scares him with his suddenly cheerful starter, "how long have you been driving, lil bro?"

Taehyung checks the digital clock behind his steering wheel: "Uh, 9 hours? But we've been stuck in traffic most of the time, not to  mention all the potty breaks I had to take."

He peeks at Naya to see if she's listening just to inform her with his eyes of her fault over the situation but she's now leaned back, face scrunched up in concentration as she hums along to Rex Orange Country (that's been on repeat for 4 hours now).