°19°

Namg-il, 07

Namg-il, 07.13 AM

Taehyung learns a whole lot of things about Jungkook's best friend, Seokjin of name, and he learns them the hardest way there is- through diner spent chatting carelessly before literally dragging Naya to sleep, through a small fight in the evening as both Jin and Namjoon insist on sleeping on the couch (and Seokjin suggests they should both sleep on the couch, after which he keeps on blushing profusely for the rest of the night as if the words slipped through his teeth), through one too many awful pickup lines and awkward laughs; Seokjin is, entirely like Jungkook, a strange man. He's odd but nice enough for Taehyung to like him, in a way, in a sense.

Though Namjoon says nothing of the flirty way the other tends to talk in, his face shows no signs of discomfort or annoyance or equal attraction for the record, his lips sometimes twitch into a smile and as easy going as he is, he takes every single one of the misplaced compliments as a joke.

They agree that since the storm outside isn't dying out, both of them should spend the night, and so Seokjin finds himself sleeping in Taehyung's room, Namjoon on the couch, leaving Taehyung to crash at Jungkook's, oh what a tragedy, what a shame.

It feels heavenly after the day spent separated from each other, to simply fall against the silky bedsheets that still, after nights and nights of use, smell of clean cotton, morning coffee that Taehyung once spilled there, and Jungkook, and this time around, the younger feels no restrictions or uncertainty whatsoever to reach over and wrap his hands around Taehyung. The older, drowning in his musky scent - the fragrance of a man in the peak of his life, sweet and safe - and warm hospitality of a hug, sighs against bare skin that night and falls asleep to the sound of breathing evening out.

There's no telling what the two are or where they're going, but Taehyung sleeps that night as if he's in love. 

🌺

Morning finds Taehyung dressed in loose white sweatpants and a T-shirt of the same color, covered with a bright yellow apron that already has those awfully smelling stains of egg yolk on it, and it finds him standing by the stove in the kitchen, admiring the late sunrise of dozen different colors as the first pancake sizzles on the pan in front of him.

It's a bit chilly as it always is after rain around here, and he wishes he'd dressed in something that could keep him warm, despite the icy cold counter he keeps on leaning on every time he forgets how freezing it is.

Everyone is still asleep as far as he can tell - he doubts Jungkook has moved an inch from where he'd left him not an hour ago, and judging by the bright pink toes peeking from under the thick blanket on the couch, Namjoon is still asleep as well.

That's good, he thinks as he stirs the pancake mixture, at least no one will hear my curses if I mess this up.

He really really hopes he can pull this off (not because he wants to impress Jungkook with his unworldly cooking skills, not at all) since it's his first time doing it on his own, but Jimin said he should have no troubles and in Jimin we trust.