°17°

Namg-il, 06

Namg-il, 06. 59 AM

Taehyung wakes up to empty sheats and a soft breeze ruffling his hair. He shuffles around for a few minutes, one hand stubbornly feeling around for a warm chest or a mop of curls, but as he finds no one, his eyes blink open into a horribly wrong started day.

His body aches all over, he can barely even move his head because of the cramp in his neck, and he's cold beyond comprehension – the thin pajama pants and a t-shirt being far from enough on a day so cold.

The sunshine spills through the open window to his left, the wind throwing their soft baby pink curtains around so much they almost seem alive, with the will to move and escape the grip of the living room; it's bright so Taehyung figures it's not that early either. From outside he can hear a faint sound of birds chirping, an obnoxious lawnmower and their neighbor's chickens, all blending into one calming morning melody that Taehyung's used to hearing every single day.

He squints, feeling the soreness in his cheeks and around his eyes, along with the horrible morning breath that stinks as if something died in his mouth; he figures then that he really should brush his teeth.

The duffel bag still lays by the door but the bandages and tonics are gone so Taehyung figures Jungkook must've tucked them away when he woke up- in the same second, the brunette wonders if the younger feels awkward because of what they did.

Bitterness coating his tongue, Taehyung ponders if he regrets it.

Swinging one leg to the floor, the other one following promptly, he wobbles to his feet, grunting and shuddering the response to being forced to wake up and go to work- just like every day, he wonders if it would be worth it if he just quit and slept until his body's satisfied. Just like every day, he decides it's not really his choice; he needs to eat and he needs money for food.

His everyday monologue coming to an end, Taehyung teeters slowly towards the bathroom, quite literally dragging his still asleep limbs behind himself. The tiles are cold under his bare toes so he settles for going a little faster, almost falling over a chair as he tries to scratch his tummy and rub his eyes at the same time. In front of the bathroom door, Taehyung cranes his neck, forgetting to be subtle in his morning daze, trying to catch a glimpse of Jungkook upstairs, probably getting ready to go to work.

Huh, I guess he left already?

Now here's the thing - if Taehyung was to be completely awake at that moment, not half-crazed from a sloppy hot makeout session last night, or at least as attentive and observant as usual, he would've thought something of it when pulling on the doorknob and the door doesn't open.

But the thing is; Taehyung's not one of these things - he's annoyed, a bit disappointed, not to mention sad and sluggish beyond mind, and alertness is not on the list of his priorities right now- so when the door doesn't budge, Taehyung does the first thing that comes to mind.