°13°

Namg-il, 12

Namg-il, 12. 09 AM

The moment Taehyung feels better (from the medication or Jungkook's company, he can't tell), they call Yoongi with almost child-like enthusiasm and ask if he can bring the kids back to their house.

Naya skips her way up the stairs as if she's just been offered an everlasting candy, falling into Taehyung's embrace immediately, and he spins her around as they both giggle gleefully, smiles plastered on their faces. It's like they're sharing a secret now - getting over the same disease.

She then bounces from Taehyung's arms to Jungkook's, almost toppling them all over as she fists his raven hair in a tight grip, making him cry out but giggle nevertheless, enjoying her attention.

Yoongi passes over the baby boy too, his small crystal blue eyes twinkling in joy as they look around at the familiar faces, and even though Jaeill cries when handed to Jungkook, their smiles don't falter for a short second, all happy to be together once more.

At that moment, as Jungkook looks over the mop of the girl's coal hair and they meet eyes, Taehyung's previous values vanish into thin air and he feels as if his heart was only made to love them.

His little broken family.

But of course, as in any other novel, nothing can be completely okay. No one can be unconditionally happy. And Taehyung learns that the hard way.

No, it's not when the neighborhood's official Karen stops by to tell him how a 'gay couple' shouldn't take care of a little girl, let alone a baby boy. It's not even as she claims him to be a pedophile and a low life, a disappointment to his parents and a threat to everyone down the street.

His reminder comes in the shape of a red Chevrolet, brand new and just polished, pulling in at his driveway a few days later, music blasting full volume.

Jungkook's just digging a hole for the new daisies and roses Yoongi bought for them, Naya helping him, and Taehyung can hear every fit of giggles they throw, can literally feel every smile and grin, as if sunshine is glowing right over his own head, and every time the sound resonates through the house, Taehyung's heart bursts at the seams, spasming and bleeding in his chest.

So as the familiar chords of Mac Miller's Knock Knock reach his ears, Taehyung just reading a new book with Jaeill in his lap, drooling over them both, the male's stomach drops a million fucking times just to send the food Jungkook prepared for him in the morning, back up.

He feels every last bit of a good mood leave his body, nausea churning in his stomach so much he needs to double over. His legs carry him without a record when he sets the book down and hoists the child higher up his torso, Jaeill grunting lowly at the change.

Taehyung tries to shush him gently but figures he can't do much as he's just as distressed as the baby, so he only offers him a finger to suck on, then pushing the door open.