°12°

Namg-il, 08

Namg-il, 08. 02 AM

Taehyung wakes up a few minutes after two in the morning, regrettably yanking Jungkook out of his sleep by moving around too much, and they spend the next few hours talking about meaningless stuff.

Jungkook tells him about his parents, his little sister Boreum and her girlfriend - the descriptions so warm and affectionate Taehyung feels discouraged to talk about his own blood.

Jungkook makes family sound so appealing and welcoming, making the older wonder if he's missing something. Maybe home was meant to be like that and Taehyung's mind was just too closed.

Jungkook's mother is a strong independent woman (at least that's what she says but she tends to cry whenever she can't open a pickle jar) that knows little to nothing about cooking but she enjoys it very much. Jungkook has spent all of his childhood pretending he liked her food and then puking in the bathroom or secretly giving the food to his dog (who, needless to say, didn't want it either).

His father, however, is a big old softy - completely smitten for his wife and whipped for his kids, especially his daughter. He turns absolutely everything they do into a religion, never failing to praise them when they do good. Jungkook tells Taehyung that his mother calls him once a week when his father leaves him a messily typed message at least twice a day.

Boreum is a strange mixture of both - she's sweet, tender and delicate all while she's also stable and determined (based on the story of how she once stared at her cat until the animal managed to rescue itself from the tree - Boreum was 3). Her girlfriend Hyekyo is quiet and mysterious (kinda like any anime boy, you know? Jungkook said) but they love her as if she's one of them - something Taehyung couldn't say for his own parents and Hoseok when they were still dating.

Listening to the loving descriptions in half-twilight, the faint moonlight illuminating the male's sleepy features as he talks, Taehyung falls a bit more and refuses to stop collapsing,

Jungkook dodges talking about his job so Taehyung doesn't ask him about it either, even though he desperately wants to know, so by 5 AM they both drift back to sleep, limbs entangled and sharing body warmth.

The next time Taehyung wakes up, it's in between cold sheets and to the noticeable smell of pancakes and maple syrup, both mouthwatering and forcing the male to stumble to his feet, slipping on the first T-shirt he finds laying around.

Indeed, tripping down the stairs while still half-asleep, Taehyung finds Jungkook in the kitchen, grey sweatpants low on his hips and a white V-neck stretching over his wide shoulders as he stirs the pancake mix, humming a slow ballad under his breath.

"G' morning," he murmurs groggily and stumbles to the counter, leaning over it to take a peek at what the other's making.

Jungkook doesn't look startled one bit as he looks at him with a small smile that soon turns into a sly smirk, an eyebrow pulled up mischievously.