Chapter 1

Your outfit above ⬆
M/n voice bold italics
Your thoughts italics
---------------------
Y/n's P.o.v

"Be strong and live your life. I will always love you, my sweetheart".

You shot up gasping for air. "Mom," you think while trying to breath and fight off the impending anxiety attack.

After a few seconds you glance down at the bracelet entwined with the watch on your wrist for a moment before pushing away the thoughts of your parents. Looking over next to you, Katniss is luckily still asleep. She stirs for a moment but remains sleeping, letting out a small breath of relief you quickly glimpse across the room over at Prim and Mrs. Everdeen who also remain asleep.

Leaning your head back against the wall already you know sleep is not coming back to you, especially once the realization of what day it is crosses your mind. "Reaping day," you think. A small shiver runs down your spine before you decide to get out of bed.

Slowly lifting your side of the bed blankets, you gently push the blanket more towards Katniss to keep her warm and slowly step onto the cold floor. Once standing you stretch for a second and quietly tiptoe towards your small wooden trunk that holds all your clothes and belongings.

Kneeling down you pull out a pair of black pants, fresh undergarments, and a black shirt then reach beside it to grab your black combat boots. Sparing one more glance towards the sleeping family, you continue to tiptoe until your out of the bedroom and into the bathroom, You change before brushing your teeth and hair, put your hair into a messy bun. Finished and dressed you scoop up the dirty laundry and grab your boots.

The dirty laundry gets tossed in the bucket next to the kitchen door where you go to sit at the small dining table and lace on your boots. After your done you grab a leftover slice of bread from yesterdays dinner, scarfing it down quickly and then sparing a glance down at your fathers watch.

4:45 am "Today of all days," you mumble, rolling your eyes in annoyance.

Standing you dust the bread crumbs off and pick up your jacket from the chair, careful not to knock your leaning bow and arrows down, they had been a gift from your father along with his very own hunting knife before he died. The knife resides in a secret pocket in your jacket on the left side.

Making sure to double-check that the knife was secure you grab your bow and arrows before unlocking the door and leaving.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Been really into hunger games recently so I thought why not write fanfic.

-Goth☠