Chapter: 6

+Y/n p.o.v+

You and Peeta were both entranced as you were guided off the train and put into what reminded you of a peacekeeper's vehicle but you didn't pay much mind to it seeing as your attention was caught once more by the sight of the Capitol and to be honest, you really couldn't help but gawk at it all.

"Y/n," Effie calls out your name.

"Uh. Yes?" It takes you a second to reel back your brain.

"We're here, darling", Effie says with a huge smile.

Out of the corner of your eye, you glance over at where Peeta was seated next to you, only to find he was gone. Turning back to Effie to ask but she's getting out of the vehicle. She shuts her door before opening your own.

"C'mon dear, we don't have a single second to waste." She says helping you out.

You don't see Peeta or Haymitch anywhere. "Oh, don't worry, Haymitch just took Peeta to get prepped and ready for tonight," Effie tells you, guiding you into a building and down a hallway.

"Tonight?" you ask, curiosity lacing your tone as you observe the hallways.

"Yes, tonight's the first ceremony! Isn't that exciting!" she responds excitement practically oozing from her voice.

You remained silent letting this information soak in.

"Alright, here we go," Effie says opening a door and pulling you into it.

There's a single metal table with lights glowing in it at the back of the room, it has a piece of what you assume is clothing folded on it.

"Y/n, that gown there is for you to change into before your prep team gets here," Effie tells you.

"I'm going to let you get changed and then I will see you in a little while. " Effie continues.

"Where are you going?" You ask her.

"Oh, just to sort some stuff out for tonight. I promise I will see you later." She says with a reasurring smile before walking out of the room.

Turning to face the table you stare at it for a moment, You might as well get this over and done with.

Taking off your dress, you fold it neatly and place it at the end of the table. Also, you reach down to undo your boots, once out of them you make sure to push your knife deeper into the boot that holding it even stuffing both socks into the boot as a precaution. You didn't want anyone to see it.

With your dress and boots off, you are left standing in your underwear but that doesn't last long as you quickly put on the gown. Its material was thin and rough.

Hopping onto the glowing table, you take the chance to closely inspect the room. It was pretty bland, minus a few objects on a rack and a sink.

The room's door opening pulled your eyes to it.

It consisted of 3 people, 2 women, and 1 guy. They introduced themselves the ladies were Octavia who was doing your nails and Venia who was going to wax your body apparently and then the guy's name was Flavius who was going to style your hair.

All had completely unnatural looking features, that you could tell they had heavily accentuated with colorful hair and makeup.

First, they had dragged you to a room that was way bigger and had lots of people. They scrubbed you down and then Octavia cleaned your nails, hands, and feet.

When that was over you experienced the pain that was being waxed, R-i-i-i-p! You grit your teeth as Venia, a woman with aqua hair, yanked a strip of wax from your leg tearing out the hair from it. "Sorry!" she mutters in her bizarre accent. "You're just so hairy!" She continues before walking over to a table where Flavius is at.