Chapter: 4

*your reaping day outfit above*

-Y/n- p.o.v

You wear quick to strip from your clothes and throw them into the dirty hamper. Except for your leather jacket and boots which you put atop your trunk. Looking to Your's and Katniss's bed you see the outfits her mother had laid out for you both.

Katniss's was a baby blue colored dress and Your's was a pure white dress. The dress Mrs. Everdeen chose for you had belonged to your mother, it's one of the two dresses you have from her, and the only clothing of her's you still owned.

Usually, you would never wear white or a dress seeing as your a nature-loving girl who always has mud, dirt, or tree sap on her somewhere but however, since it's your mother's and it's an occasion for which you're supposed to get fancy-ished up for, you were going to wear it.

Anyhow, might as well get this over with. Before putting on the dress though, you went over to your trunk and pulled your father's knife from the jacket before tossing said jacket into the hamper and setting the knife on the bed. Kneeling down you open the trunk and pull out a vial of scented oil to put on your skin since there was no way you would be able to bathe. The oil was a mixture of dried rose and lavender. You only ever used it occasionally, mostly when you needed a little bit of a simple solace.

Carefully opening the bottle, the aroma instantly hits your nose with it's a lovely scent.

Placing a drop on your wrists you rubbed them together before dipping your finger in and putting some on your neck and chest. Closing the vial you placed it back in the trunk.

Moving back towards the bed you slip on the dress and  could feel how light and flowy the material is, It felt surprisingly nice. You tied the little strip of string that was around your midsection making the dress to tighten into a cinched style. With the dress on, you step back into your boots and slide your father's knife into the side of the right boot.

You always made sure to keep it on your being.

The bedroom door opened revealing Katniss, wearing just a towel. You sat on the bed and turned to face the back wall as she changed after a few moments you felt the bed shift and turned back towards her. She was sitting on the bed brushing her hair with her brows pinched and mouth in a small frown.

You place a hand on her knee and give her a small smile when she looks up to try and give her some comfort. She gives a half smile back.

Patting her knee you get up and move over to the mirror hanging on the wall and pull your hair from its bun then run your fingers through it a couple of times getting all the little knots out, as well as a few pine needles.

You began to braid the sides of your hair. When you saw Mrs. Everdeen come in and start to do Katniss's hair.

You finished braiding your sides in a couple of minutes before connecting the pieces behind your head and gathering the rest of your hair and making a messy bun again.

"You girls look beautiful," Mrs. Everdeen tells you and Katniss.

You turn and give Mrs. Everdeen a small smile and quiet thanks. You wear fully ready for the reaping, glancing down at your watch you could see it was time to head out. You looked back at Mrs. Everdeen and Katniss and decided to give Mrs. Everdeen sometime with her daughter so you moved towards the door giving Mrs. Everdeen a slight squeeze on the shoulder as you passed and shut the door on your way out. Prim walked passed you, heading into the bedroom and you knew they all were probably having a moment. Not wanting to intrude you walked to the kitchen, taking the seat you had with Prim about ten minutes ago.