Chapter 2

Y/n p.o.v

You released a warm breath as the outside chill nipped at your cheeks, eyes barely able to see the outlines of the continued line of tiny houses aligning the streets. It was still quite dark outside with the sun just barely beginning to rise, so you we're just gonna have to trust your instincts and feet to lead you to the woods. Keeping a tight grip on the quiver strap you set off to the electric fence at the end of the district line, and after about 35 minutes of walking you got to the usual access point. Setting the bow and quiver down you shimmy carefully under the barbed wire of the fence, cautious as to not snag your clothes or cut your face.

Strapping back on the quiver you carried on to your favorite tree, the sky had finally started to lighten and you didn't want to miss the full sunrise since there is a chance it could very well be your last. It takes a few minutes before reach the tree and begin the climb up to a sturdy branch close to the top. Pushing a few stray branches and leaves from your view, you look to the horizon to see the sun peak and despite being more of a night owl and a stargazer the sun rising was a warming sight.

Letting out a breath, you just gaze at the golden sky and let yourself relax, listening to the forests natural music. Only to awake with a startle as something hits your head. "What the hell?" You turn your body fast and feel yourself starting to slip but quickly catch yourself.

Glancing down, "Well, that would've left a nasty bruise.
Geez." You say aloud while stabling yourself, no recollection of falling asleep.

"Y/n! Are you just gonna keep sitting there or am I gonna have to come and rescue you?" You heard someone shout to you. Looking down once again, you see Gale and Katniss.

"Ow! What was that for?" Gale said turning his attention to Katniss. "Your gonna scare away all the game." She hissed at him.

"You didn't have to pun-Ow! Stop it!" He said rubbing his arm, as she hit him again.

You rolled your eyes at the two land make your way down the tree.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! Sorry I haven't posted in a while and that this chapter is so short but I've been working on a couple of other stories at the moment.

I haven't forgotten this story though! So don't worry I will keep updating it.

-Goth☠