first meeting part 2

Kartik pov

Slamming my alarm clock I groaned. It's Monday. I hate Monday. Promising myself to wake up in 5 minutes I fell asleep again only to wake up half an later.

Shit!!!!

Now I know why I can't trust myself. Hurrying my precious morning routine. I ran towards office. I can't be late today, that shusmita will have my ass if I am late again.

Reaching my office lobby I see a guy standing at the registration desk asking Amrita di something. So I don't disturb her.

But I couldn't help noticing the guy. He is soooo freaking cute. Shusmita was talking about some new guy joining our office. I hope it's him. Then atleast I would have some good reason to come to office regularly.

I skipped the elevator and took the stairs instead. Reaching 3rd floor I see shusmita waiting outside. Double shit!!!

"Uhh...hi shusmita ji aaj aap bahar khade hai hamare liye?" I said trying my best to get out of a scolding.(hi, shusmita ma'am waiting outside for me today?")

"You are late again kartik" she said giving me a look and not really appreciating my outfit. What wrong with this woman.  Not everyone dresses like a bore. What's wrong with my green jacket.

"Only by 2 minutes shusmita ji" I said sheepishly. She opened her mouth to lecture me more but the elevator dinged signalling someone is here. I took my opportunity to escape.

Reaching my desk I saw Devika waiting for me.

"Where were you? I have been calling you since morning, why aren't you picking up" she asked frantically.

"Arre I was hurrying to office that's why I didn't pick up your call." I said settling myself on my desk.

"Achaa ok, anyway shusmita wants you in her office, now" I turned to her as she said that.

"Shit, I am so screwed she is gonna kill me" I said standing up.

Devika tried to calm me as I started to panic.

"I am sure it's nothing, maybe it's about the new guy joining today"
She said calmly as she accompanied me to Shusmita's office.

I went inside and waited for her to come and end my life.

I went towards the Mandir in her office and prayed to God.

"It was a good life God, see you so-"

"What are you doing?" A sharp voice cut my prayers. Turning I faced the devil herself.

"Nothing, I forgot to do my morning prayers so I was just..." I said while pointing at the Mandir. She signed and muttered something that sounded like 'What am I gonna do with him'

"Kartik I want you to take care of the new guy, make him familiar with the office, I would have done it myself but I have an emergency meeting to attend" she said while picking up her files and going out of her office.

"And kartik don't scare the guy, it's his first day go easy on him, don't want him to think he came in some manic company." She muttered the last sentence to herself but I heard her anyway.

"Ayye ayye ma'am" I gave her a salute as she went out of her office.

Giving out loud whisper yes and thanking the God for not killing me. I went out to search for the new guy.

It wasn't hard to spot him. He clearly looked out of place. And to my utter happiness he was the same guy from downstairs. He was looking around the office. His dove eyes looking scared. Seeing him like this I just wanted to protect him from this evil world. I just wanted to huge him until he is not scared anymore.

Walking up to him, I placed my hand on his shoulder, startling him. His eyes became wide seeing me.

"You must be the new guy" I said but I don't think he heard me as he was busy staring at me. I clicked my fingers in front of him waking him up from his thoughts. He looked startled and confused. God he is SOOO cute.

Laughing I said" you surely are the new guy, come on I am your tour guide" he stood up to follow me.

I extended my hand and introduced myself" My name is Kartik Singh, nice to meet you" as his hand touched mine, I swear I fainted from the shivers that ran through me.

"Hi I am Aman, it's a pleasure to meet you" he smiled while saying that. I think I died and went to heaven. What do you think you are doing to me God? Do you really want me dead.

Aman. Looks like office is going to interesting from now. Smiling giddily I showed him around.

♡♡♡

Hii!!
Kartiks pov as promised. What do you think of this chapter. And please tell me what do you think of their first meeting.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.