flirting?

Kartik's pov

I have had my experiences in relationships in the past. I have had flirting and courting. But none of them ever felt right.

Well it was always me who took the first step. And that actually never got me anywhere. It usually ended up by me being beaten up badly.

So I learned my lesson and stopped taking the first step. But that too resulted in nowhere. Uske badh mene ummed hi chod di.(I gave up hope after that).

But this thing that I have with Aman feels so right that now even if try to ignore it I can't. I have fallen deeply for that boy. Now I know, it might not get me anywhere in the end. But I won't know that until I try. That is the risk I am willing to take for you Aman.

And thinking of Aman, where is he?

Peeking from my desk, I scanned the whole office.

Ohh there he is looking cute and handsome while talking to Devika and Holy shit Pramod.

No no no this is bad, Pramod is bi. What do I do? What do I do?

Without thinking I just called out his name. I melted into a puddle when he looked back at me with his beautiful breathtaking smile.

He said bye to those two and made his way towards me.

"Yes kartik?" He asked sweetly. I opened my mouth to say but then I realised I didn't really had any reason to call him. Shit what do I do? Where is Sam when you need her?

"Uhh uhh nothing just thought Pramod would bore you to death so I felt the need to rescue you" that was utterly stupid thing to say.

"Thankyou? But that wasn't necessary, we were just discussing the new product's market strategy" he explained.

"Ohh yes, it's your first real project isn't it, Sam told me." No she did not.

"Yeah, I am kinda nervous about it?" He said while rubbing his neck nervously.

"Isme nervous hone wali konsi baat hai, tumlog ke team mai Devika hai na, she is an excellent leader." I said trying my best to comfort him.(what's there to be nervous, you have Devika in you team).

"Yaa that's true, she is excellent. Par sirf uske excellent hone se pura team nahi chalega na, everyone needs to contribute equally. This is one of most important projects for the company. We can't mess up" (But only her being excellent won't help the whole team).

Damn my baby is so smart. Hae kisi ki najar na lage.

"You are very smart, you don't have to be nervous, just remember to communicate well, and don't be afraid of presenting your ideas" he smiled so beautifully at my words. If this is the reward of me talking sane things then I will become the most sane person ever.

"Uhh kartik, you ok" Aman broke me from my insane thoughts of becoming sane.

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, you where just smiling creepily" he said with a smirk.

Blush rose rapidly in my cheeks. I opened my mouth to explain but those damn words refuse to come out.

"That's ok kartik, you where probably thinking about Devika"

"Uhh yeah, I was thinking about- wait what!? Devika!?" I exclaimed.

"Oh come on kartik, it's ok, you like her, you can tell me I won't tell anyone. You both seriously need to talk about your feeling, you both would look good together"

As his words registered, my heart began to pain.

"Anyway, I need to get back to work, it was good talking to you, and you can talk to me anytime" he winked and left.

He left me confused and hurt somehow.

"Did Aman just said that you like Devika" Sam voice from behind made me jump.

"You were listening to our conversation?" I asked.

"My desk is behind yours kartik, Anyway that does not matter. Kartik do you realise, this is bad, he thinks you like Devika, and everyone knows Devika likes you" she said, her voice  laced with concern.

"I know Sam, this is bad, really bad" I said with the same concern.

"You need to act fast. But first you need to tell Devika, the truth"

I gave her the look that she was very aware of.

"She is not like that Kartik, she will understand, trust me."

I hope so. I need to fix this mess. Uhhh.
So much for being sane.

♡♡♡

Hii!!!
Sorry for this delay. My assignment were holding me back.
Anyway I am back.
AND THANKYOU GUYS SOOO SOOO MUCH FOR 1.8K VIEWS.
LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH..