Chapter 2: Tainted Love

My parents drove to the ball with my younger sister Amara, my older brother Ryder took my twin brother Kaden and I took Elijah since he practically begged to come with me. I watched the cars go then walked Elijah into my car. We stopped at my red Ford Mustang. Elijah loves riding with me because I'm the only one in the family that loves to ride with the roof open and blasting music.

I help buckle him into the car and my God did you look adorable with his little tuxedo. "Music time!" he kept yelling "Alright little guy lets bring the roof down" I say grinning.

"GIRLS, JUST WANNA HAVE FUN" we burst out screaming all the cars around us judged us, you could see literally all the wolves in their cars looking at us like we're psycho's but I normally just shrug it off. Some people in their cars mostly laughed and the other would roll down their windows to sing with us.

The car ride from my house was 5 hours so we arrived during the pack meeting. I clicked a button on the car keys to roll up the roof, I weakly slammed the door shut, walking was pretty hard since my body wasn't use to it I yawned before reaching Elijah's door, I opened the door to see he was grinning at me with his seatbelt already off, I gave my hand for him to take he gladly did then with a tight grip on my hand he jumped down to the concrete ground.

I smiled with him then my breathing hitched, my heart got faster and butterflies ate up my stomach. What's happening?!

"Cheryl? Are you okay" he said, "Never in 100 years has this happened!!" I say "you're scaring me now, I'll go find mum!" within a second Elijah dashed into the building scurrying past security.

My breathing got worse and I started panicking, I fell back into the car as my vision got blurry, my body wasn't stable enough and my head hit my car. My eyes shut within a second.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elijah's POV:

Once I entered the building I was fast enough to sniff out my family, "MUM, MUM, MUM" I shouted out loud grabbing everyone's attention, I noticed a man and a woman standing with my family.

"What's wrong Eli, where's Cheryl?" my mum said, panicking. I looked at the strange man again to notice he was very anxious, he looked like he was losing control but he clearly held back. I put my attention back on my mother.

"Somethings wrong with Cheryl, it's scary!" I practically scream at her, the man's eyes widen to the sound of my sisters name my whole family immediately rushes out, although the strange man was first.

Cheryl's POV:

Cold hands gripped my shoulders, shaking me, different voices yelled in the distance and my vision was horrible. I couldn't see until a pair of warm hands held my face so gently the voices got louder and crying started from Elijah I look up and there is a man just looking at me his jaw drops ever so slightly "CHERYL" I look to the side to see my family smiling "i'm so glad your okay" Kaden sighs and pulls me in for a hug although growling pulled us apart I look at the man beside me his eyes turned golden, from their I knew it. I found my mate.

The man grabbed me by my waist forcefully and he managed to pull my hair at the same time. "Get off my-." my father stopped halfway and the man holding me and my father mind-linked. After 1 minute of me struggling out of the man's arms he

gripped me tighter although his touch was pleasant it made me hiss in pain making him loosen his grip.

"Everyone go inside" my dad said "but da-" Amara tried to talk but my dad cut her off "lets go" my dad said stiffly, my family just walked.. Without looking back..

This made my heart drop. I watched as my family walk away leaving me with. Him.

I looked up at the sky and it turned dark, the moon lit up bright and the bells rang loud signalling that the ceremony had started.

"GET OFF ME" I scream

"Your, MINE" he raises his voice at me, the woman beside him starts growling at me then runs at me full speed her hands shifted into her claws I was ready to defend myself until my mate stopped her. I could feel the power from him. He's definitely an Alpha. While he was distracted with the girl I ran into the ball. 

I burst into the room of dancing couples. I skimmed through the crowd for Elijah, I spotted him at the dessert table with a lot of other pups I pushed through the couples dancing peacefully together. I aggressively grab Eli by the wrist from the table "C-cheryl?" he asks with his eyes wide "we're going home" I growl, I try dragging him but he won't budge "dad said i'm not allowed to go home with you" he said full of fear. Why on earth would he ever say that?!

"THAT'S IT WE'RE GOING".

The car ride was silent, my grip on the steering wheel was tight.

I wasn't focusing at all. We were only 1 hour until we reached our destination. I can't believe that happened. I never expected something like this to happen so fast the events just jumped in a second nothing made sense. 

There was a deep loud tune that met with my sensitive ears. There were bright lights ahead of me and I couldn't see properly. "Cheryl, C-Cheryl, CHERYL, CHERYL" he screamed, turned my head around to meet eyes with Elijah's petrified eyes he looked at me then turned to the road his eyes got bigger, I was going to tell him to shut up until a pair of glowing lights come for me, I threw the steering wheel onto the side but that's when regret hit me.