Petty Fights

Maria held my bag as I limped into the classroom with my crutches. I hated people staring at me as if I had a disease.

"Iris, how did you even hurt yourself?" Maria asked as she sat down and placed my bag on my table.

"Thanks," I said as I pulled out my notes, "honestly it was so stupid. I feel over thin air."

Maria raised a brow.

I shrugged my shoulders, "what it's true? Granted I was distracted."

"I don't get it," she complained.

"Alright class good morning-"

_

"Hey Iris, I know your quite powerful in your own right and all but words been going around that Cassophia heard from someone that both Malfoy and Riddle like you and she's seething. She might be cooking something up, I don't like it when their acting sparkly," Marie mumbled.

"Sparkling?" I asked confused as I bit down on a pickle more entertained by the juicy sourness and crunch.

"Yeah, it's this weird thing her group does, they act all prim and proper. Look at them over there, as if they are untouchable. There is not a single spec that you can pick at their mannerism or outer appearance. The teachers and everyone else gobble it up, but I don't like it whenever their like this something bad goes on to someone that has crossed them. Do you see Agatha Paige over there she accidentally ruined Cassophia's dress at Yule Ball when she tripped over her dress? Next thing you know Paige was admitted to the Infirmary because she supposedly injured herself." Marie explained with air quotes.

"Marie, your worrying for no reason," I said with a smile.

"Worrying about what?" Tom asked as he sat down to my right.

"Nothing to worry your pretty little head," I answered, "right Marie."

She looked at me unsure of what to say so she nodded with hesitation.

"Stark, I heard you injured your leg, you know if you need a gentleman to carry you around the castle, I do volunteer myself," Orion whispered in my ear as he sat down to my left.

I grit my teeth in annoyance and Tom looked like he was seething to my right.

"As great as you think that offer may sound Black, its actually quite creepy. Maybe try it on your other girls," I reply.

"Kitten's got claws," Orion grinned.

"Yeah and she's got a weapon that can end the Black line with a snap of her fingers so don't push it," I snapped back.

Orion put his hands up in surrender as he laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Thank God, I am getting this taken off today anyways, Marie do you want to come with me?"

"Sure, let me help you with your stuff," She explained.

"Thanks," I answered as I got up, "Well I would say it was a pleasure but that would be a lie."

__

Iris was a lot of things but one thing she wasn't was stupid. So when Cassiopeia and her little minions were acting quite odd in general and with Marie's help of explaining their 'sparkle' she knew they were plotting something. If there was one thing Iris was good at it was being resourceful. So she knew from the get-go she wasn't going to fall for any of their tricks.

__

I realized I had to protect myself somehow from physical attacks when I was attacked or caught off guard without my wands. So in my downtime, I started to gather material to build a homemade taser. I wanted it to have that effect where it would shoot out and stick to someone. I gathered material from the Muggle world slowly sending parcels back-and-forth with my contact that I had created in Daigon Alley. It was quite hard to get the schematics working with magic and technology but thankfully because it was the 19th century and because this was a homemade taser I was working with some premature technology that wasn't going to interfere with magical signatures.

I know what you're thinking my last name is Stark it's like I'm Tony Stark or his daughter at least. But I'm not that's just a coincidence of events just so you know. But it's nice to have a name similar to him maybe I'm emulating him or channeling his inner spirit.

I had purchased a holster where I could stick my Taser and hide it under my skirt. Feeling more secure as I moved around the castle made me feel much better. It was clear there is a shift in the hierarchy in the house of Slytherin. I wasn't so much of a social pariah but I definitely stirred the pot. People were not afraid of me, but they weren't lining up to be my best friend either but they didn't hate me. They just watched my moves and waited and that made me very very happy. It's a talent I picked up while dancing you see, you build up the hype and the anticipation for the crowd and then you deliver your best and final move. The crowd certainly doesn't expect it and you get a thrill knowing that you control the emotions, the visual, the physical and spiritual anticipation that people are experiencing. And that's exactly how I felt right now. I didn't have friends I didn't have enemies I did not have allies but I sure knew how to please a crowd. But you know what they say tides are changing and slowly but surely one house after another would be mine.

They said the house of Slytherin is the sneakiest the slyest the most opportunistic house of all and that is quite true. So when Cassiopeia and her friends decided to attack me it obviously happened in closed doors behind the curtains. I wasn't expecting it and neither were they at least they weren't expecting my reaction when it happened. I was in the shower. But I felt something wasn't right. My paranoia was by my side so I always carried my Taser and what good of a place to test it out when you're being attacked by a bunch of prissy little princesses. I pulled the gadget out of my pocket in my robe and I ended up pointing it at the first person who had their wand pointed at me. Remember that effect where it shoots out, well I figured out how to get it working. So when I hit the button it's rods shot out and caught Parkinson and Flint in the chest. They seized, their pupils dilating, their wands falling from their hands and dropping to the floor with tremors. Whoops, I may have calibrated that a bit too high.

Before I could get too comfortable Cassiopeia and some other girl I didn't know what her name was shooting out spells right at me. I slid down to the floor dodging one after the other and grabbed Parkinson's wand that was lying nearby me. Shouting out a disarming spell it hit the unknown girl and I had her crashing back against the wall where she passed out. Cassiopeia was not about to back down but neither was I. Grabbing the nearest thing next to me which was a bar of soap I chucked the soap onto her head it smacked her against her forehead which gave me time to move behind a tiled wall. I then was able to formulate a plan. As Cassiopeia continued to keep shooting spells one after another into the shower stalls I began to climb up the side of the wall into a hidden shelf where they keep large towels. It was a small nook in the ceiling where I was able to hide anyone approaching in my direction since they were unable to see me but I was able to hide behind the tiled walls. At my vantage point, I quickly fired a spell that then hit Cassiopeia. I then proceeded to knock her out with a simple sleeping spell. Putting all the girls under the same spell, and then I hid them in my room with a simple disillusionment spell so no one would see them.

I knew I would make enemies if I embarrass the house of Slytherin but if things happen behind closed doors I was given a hall pass. When night time hit, I tied the girls up to chairs in our common room and levitated the chairs to hang upside down. As for their wands, I was going to hold onto to these for the time being.

I'm feeling hungry, maybe I should grab some ice cream from the kitchen.