Chapter 2 : Pretend It's Okay

Sountrack:
all the kids are depressed by jeremy zucker

Pulling down her grey marvel tshirt down her head she places her ankle on the foot of the bed folding the bottom of her black ripped jeans before tucking her tshirt on too.

She pulls her hair up in a tight ponytail pulling a few tiny strands from each side.
Bringing her face closer to the mirror she takes notice of the eyebags.

Ahh!!Nevermind.

As she tugs on to the straps of the bag hanging on the chair, the photo frame placed on the bedside table near it falls down onto the floor.

Aahana promptly gets down on her knees. Picking it up, she stares at the two figures  smiling brightly  in the photo frame and after a taking a deep breath puts it back in its original place.

The scent of her mother's aloo paratha, Aahana's favourite, fills the living room as she walks down the stairs and stands beside the kitchen counter.

"What's the occasion, Ma?"

Her mother turns around and tilts her head.

"Does everything needs to have a reason?"

Aahana shrugs and looks at her watch.

Oh shoot!!

As soon as she puts the paratha on the plate which Aahana immediately rolls it and takes a bite before making her way towards the door.

"I'm already late. Gotta go Ma."

"Aahana"

Mrs. Ray didn't overlook the bags beneath her daughter's eyes. But as she looked at her with the rolled up paratha in her hand standing at the doorstep she didn't want to spoil her mood.

"Yes Ma?"

"Have a good day at school" she uttered.

"Yeah.. Bye."

Saying this, she closes the door.

- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Kaitlyn rushes through the crowded hallway pushing the people out of her way in search of her best friend Aahana.

As soon as she notices the familiar brunette head behind the locker door, a sigh of relief escapes her lips and she moves hastily towards that direction and hugs her bestfriend from behind making her jump in surprise.

"WHAT THE-"

Turning around, Aahana sees Kaitlyn grinning at her.

"You're lucky I haven't cracked your skull yet because of this you know."

Kaitlyn places her arm on Aahana's shoulder and listens to her and she starts to rant, jokingly pointing out several ways to strike her if she keeps on giving her these mini heart attacks.

"Which by the way, I'll not even be sorry for." Aahana shrugs at last, a slight smirk appearing soon after.

Kaitlyn presses her hand on her chest dramatically.

"Ah! What have I ever done to be on the receiving end of these hurtful words. I'm APPALLED."

A few heads turn around and Aahana entwines her arm with hers pulling Kaitlyn towards their class

"Oh please. Save your acting skills for the drama club."

"Oh dear!! You haven't heard of my plans for this summer yet." Kaitlyn takes her seat behind Aahana's.

Aahana turns around, her eyes glimmering with eagerness.
"You took the audition didn't you?"

"Uh huh" Crossing her legs, she puffs on her fingernails and Aahana rolls her eyes smacking her hand.

They both laughed together, talking about their summer plans. Observing Aahana's joyous mood, Kaitlyn crosses her fingers before deciding to drop the bomb hoping for a much less destructive outcome.

"Well, with the happy news' encircling us, I am hoping you don't have any plans for tonight as I was thinking -"

Aahana raises her eyebrow knowing very well where the conversation is heading.

"Let me guess..you're talking about Allison's party tonight right? You know very well what my answer's gonna be."

Aahana wasn't someone who had a strong repulsion towards parties, as most of the people thought her to be. Infact she had the same with the name 'Allison'.

"I know the very reason to your response but come on, you won't even notice her because FYI the whole class is probably gonna be there today. Just stop overthinking everything for one night and come with me to the party.... I won't ask anything else from you"

Aahana thought for a moment. Before she could answer, Mrs. Holland entered the room and closed her mouth as soon as she was about to utter a word.

"Think about it. We'll talk during lunch."

Saying this, Kaitlyn turned around and sat straight as Mrs. Holland's croaky voice filled the classroom for the next hour.

The leftover conversation carried on during the lunch break as the two of them sat at the cafeteria, at their usual table until the only person who has the ability to calm the two greeted them with his presence.

The sight of the two sulking faces made him utter,

" Woah!! Who died in here?"

- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The second chapter everyone.
Hope you like it😊