Chapter 7 : The Untold Truth

Soundtrack : I Guess I Just Feel Like by John Mayer

Seven years later, they sit at the very same corner booth. The very same spot which was once, permanently occupied by the four kids every sunday holding their favourite drinks in their hands filling the cafe with their laughter and chatter.

And now years later two of them were sitting at the exact spot, with the laughter turned into awkward silence.

"So how have you been?" Aahana initiated the conversation shoving the awkwardness and silence aside.

"Umm, I'm okay.Going to stay at Kaitlyn's for the break due to sudden change of plans for the summer." he says taking a sip of water from his glass.

"Which I guess she already informed you." he added with his hardly audible voice taking another sip looking out the window.

"It came up." The reply comes as his mutter doesn't go unnoticed by Aahana.

Silence greets them for a few moments again until Aaron's question breaks the stillness that was slowly starting to fill up the air.

"This place hasn't changed at all, has it?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Well, Nate makes sure of that you know."

"Plus, that thing maintains the vibe I'm sure." Aaron points to the jukebox at the corner.

"Love the colour." he adds.

"The work of three talented young artists, I suppose." she chuckles.
His eyes are caught by the initials painted near the bottom of the jukebox and he looks at her accompanying her chuckle as well.

"I wouldn't doubt that." he adds with a smile.

Aaron was confused at Aahana's nonchalant demeanour as to how casually she was having this conversation contrast to his own state, as he was trying so hard to act the same way.

He wanted to ask several questions lingering although couldn't utter a word.

Isn't she a bit mad?
After all this time?

- *-**-*-**-*-*-*

She was trying hard to act composed. The sudden encounter with Aaron caught her off-guard and she didn't know how to react around him.

A heads-up is so required in these type of situations.

She wasn't mad at him for shutting her, and everyone else off because she knew that he had a reason behind it. Everyone has a reason behind their actions. She was in fact, upset about the fact that he didn't consider talking about it to them too - to her, or Kaitlyn, or Jason

After receiving the cold attitude from his cousin, Aahana was pretty sure that Aaron was expecting the same response from her as well.

She noticed Aaron popping his knuckles once in a while and knew very well how both of them were trying hard not to bring up the past but noticing the change in him after all these years, she just wished.

If there was something which would change his mood even for just a tiny bit.

"For two of my favourite people!!!!"

They both snaps out of their thoughts as soon as Nate places two chocolate malt shakes in front of them. He looks at Aaron and spoke.
"It's nice to see you all grown up lad. Did you really think I won't recognise you?" He lifts his eyebrows which makes him smile and shake his head.

"Now" he says, crossing his arms continuing,
"Since the two rebels are now united after all these years, do I need to watch my back from now on?"