Chapter 3 : The Fallback

Sountrack : Circles by Post Malone

"Get your head in the game Reynolds. Where's your focus?"

Jason's mind was still hung up on the phone call he got early in the morning from Ashley, when she said that his appointment was confirmed. With the mixed feelings of excitement and anxiousness bursting together, thinking about the amazing opportunity that has been offered on one hand and thinking about his father's approval on the other. He knows that there's no way to convince him and the best thing to do right now is to keep his mouth shut at all cost.

He shouldn't have any idea about this.

Although capable of keeping his mouth shut, his mind didn't follow the same advice as he was all over the place during the whole practice.

"Jason, come here for a sec" Coach Kim calls him after the practice.

"What happened?" he asks handing Jason the water bottle.

"It's nothing sir. I just... umm.. didn't sleep a blink last night so I'm feeling a bit dizzy that's all."

He gulps down the water shoving it down his dry throat and takes a few deep breaths.

"You need to take care of yourself both physically and mentally alright. Everyone's rooting for you. Especially your father."

Removing the sweat from his drippy forehead he looks up holding the towel around his shoulders.

"I met him recently. You're lucky to have a father who thinks about your future and your dreams, even more than you. Don't disappoint him son."

If only he knew what I actually wanted to do would I be lucky then too?

He responds with a forced smile.

"I will, Coach"

"Good. Now go take a shower."

Jason sits down on the bench as soon as Coach Kim leaves holding his head on his palms, his elbows in support upon his knees. He then reluctantly gets up and walks towards the locker room.

                      - *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

He haven't told a single soul about this. A feeling of guilt rushes in his mind for keeping it from Aahana. He is just waiting for the right time to tell her and tonight's party seemed like the best opportunity.

I just hope she agrees to come.

He kept thinking about it while making his way towards the cafeteria after the practice.

As he entered, he notices the two of them sitting at the corner on their usual table bickering about something.

"Woah!! Who died in here?"

"Kaitlyn's brain cells" Aahana blurts out.

He sits beside her laughing while taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Very amusing isn't it?" Kaitlyn looks at Jason.

"Always" he winks at her who flips him off as he picks up Aahana's coffee finishing it in just a few gulps.

"Just what I needed." he muttered.

" Hey, get your own damn plate!!" she snapped.

"So what's goin on?"

"Ask Mrs. Moody beside you " Kaitlyn added.

He looks at Aahana and then back at Kaitlyn who mouthed 'Allison' and Jason straightened his arched back abruptly.

He raises his eyebrow at Kaitlyn who shakes her head slightly and shrugs.

"Well I'm off now. Good luck Jay." Kaitlyn gets up leaving their sight and out of the cafeteria.

Jason turns facing Aahana who avoids his gaze seeming too interested in filling up her belly. As he continues to stare at her, she finally gives up.

"What? You know you can't change my mind so don't bother talking me into it"
Aahana was hoping that Jason would leave this matter alone, but Jason was not someone to give it up that easily.

"Well I think you're forgetting about the deal we made a few days ago. Do you need me to recall your memory or...." he remarks with a smirk plastered on his face.

She stiffens recalling about the deal they made last weekend. She totally forgot about it but of course, how could Jason forget about it.It was stupid to even think that. She facepalms with regret.

Oh dear God!!! Why did I have to agree to it?