12: Waking Up

Jeongguk didn't know what he expected when the morning came by and the sun awoke him from his sleep. Maybe the curtains tucked aside, or his arm hanging uncomfortably over the side of his bed.
What he certainly didn't expect, however, was waking up in someone's arms. That's not the right description. Waking up in someone's warm and comfortable arms.

Jeongguk froze, body going tense as the strong familiar scent of a certain annoying King hit his nostrils. He couldn't straight up lie and say it didn't comfort him in a way, but his pride and dislike towards the other was just as strong. Never would the young male forget what Taehyung had done to him, what he had said to him. Jeongguk wasn't as lenient as people thought he was, and it wouldn't be any different now.
But that didn't mean he couldn't shift the littlest bit closer into the older's hold, nuzzling his nose into the grey T-shirt that reeked of Taehyung, satisfying the younger's sleepy mind. Nah, it was fine. It didn't mean anything. His hands took a hold of the fabric of the grey shirt and he lowered his face, almost as if accepting his fate. But Jeongguk still thought it was fine, trying really hard to make himself believe it didn't mean anything.

I just feel this way because of yesterday. The sick bastard hit my bare ass and comforted me afterwards, like I'm some animal. Disgusting.

The boy's thoughts didn't match with his actions, and he blamed it all on that one occurrence.

A hoarse chuckle came out of the King's lips, making Jeongguk feel funny as he felt the sound vibrating against his cheek. A weird feeling spread inside his stomach and he caught himself smiling, blushing, as the realisation of what was happening struck him. Taehyung was awake and knew that Jeongguk was too.

"Making yourself comfortable?" Taehyung's hoarse voice spoke up, thick from the sleep and yet sounding so amused. The vibration of his voice was enjoyable and comforting as it touched the boy's cheek nicely. "Yes." Jeongguk replied, sighing in content as he nuzzled even further into the King's comfort. The beast was awakened now anyway, no reason to chicken out.

If he was honest with himself, Jeongguk was confused and mad at himself. He despised the King more than anyone else did. He hated it how easily he was dominated by him, how addicted he was to his alluring voice and handsome face, how Taehyung could just do anything he wanted without any care in the world.
If Jeongguk was honest, he knew he didn't really hate him. Hate was equal to love, only another way of loving someone, feelings lead by both hurt and adoration. Jeongguk knew so well, but he tried to deny it anyway. Taehyung was the Devil himself. He was unable to love and wasn't worth being loved. Not by the boy he captured.

And still, Jeongguk didn't try to get away from the warm hold he was drowned in. He could just stay there for a bit longer before he had to face reality again.

Taehyung was- maybe for the first time- not aware of how the younger was feeling. It was confusing him, probably because they felt emotions equal to each other. The King wasn't one to feel anything. Didn't for a very long time, and now that such weird feelings were clawing at him, Taehyung just didn't know what to think of it. But he did accept the feelings. He welcomed them with open arms and a genuine smile, willing to actually understand what it was that he felt.

"We gotta get ready and go downstairs now," Taehyung suddenly spoke up, startling the bunny-like male who had nearly drifted off to sleep again. "There's someone I want you to meet."

Jeongguk whined in distaste. He never enjoyed meeting new people and he by now knew enough about the King's lifestyle to know that whoever he was about to meet, was probably either a cold hearted businessman or the errand slave of a cold hearted businessman. Jeongguk disliked both possibilities.

"Come on, Kookie. You'll like it."

Surprised by the nickname, Jeongguk finally sat up. He looked down at Taehyung who was staring up in the boy's eyes, making the younger feel small with how much adoration his eyes showed. "I don't have clothes," Jeongguk attempted, not able to look away from the older, a blush setting on his puffy face. "And I do want to take a shower."

"Then take mine," Taehyung replied. He didn't miss a single beat. The look in his eyes changed from adoration to authoritative to a look that seemed a mixture of both protective- and possessive ness. "I'll bring in something to wear. Don't lock the bathroom door."

Jeongguk was speechless. Did Taehyung really just say that? "I cannot leave the door unlocked!"

"You can and you will, Jeongguk," Taehyung said with dominance literally dripping from his low voice. "Go take a shower. It's the second door. Someone will be waiting for you outside the door when you're done." He dismissed the younger with only a look, standing up straight himself to get to his clothes.

○○♡○○

True to the King's words, Jeongguk found himself being escorted from the master bedroom to wherever. Taehyung had left before him and let Ji Dongwoo escort the younger, who didn't really mind the time not around him. Taehyung was way too much to handle, even Jeongguk knew that.

The King had left an outfit for him as promised, and Jeongguk had to admit that it was nice and made him good looking. What he was surprised about however, was the fact that it was casual. Hadn't Taehyung said there would be a guest?
Anyway, the young male was still very pleased with his look. Taehyung had left him a pair of black jeans with rips on the knees and a T-shirt in the colour Apple red that was a little too big on the boy. But he didn't care, Jeongguk loved that kind of shirts. He also wore a thin shirt that he wore open, the colours black, white and Tangerine orange checkered on the soft material.

As they reached their destination was it obvious to Jeongguk that Taehyung was expecting his guest to eat breakfast with them. He expected Jeongguk to be present and not to forget, probably expected the boy to behave. Why in hell would the King suddenly trust the so called troublemaker to actually behave for once?

Na-ah, not gonna happen. He knows me, I am not going to follow his words blind–

"Jeonggukkie?"

Jeongguk was snapped out of his thoughts by a sudden voice speaking to him. His first impulse was to scoff and roll his eyes, making sure Taehyung was aware of how displeased he was.
But, the thing is, it was not Taehyung. The voice that had spoken was one familiar to the boy, but it was not the annoying King who seemed to have a kink for forced submission.

Only now did Jeongguk realise he was standing inside the diner room. Ji Dongwoo wasn't there with him anymore, indicating he was alone. Which he wasn't.
Turning around as fast as he could, the younger felt dizzy by the spin, but found himself not caring about that as his eyes had found the source of that one voice.

Kim Yoongi, his brother, was standing only ten feet away.