54: Two Kings?

Preparing for a new and better system was easier than expected, which surprised both Yoongi and Taehyung a lot. The two have been working on it for weeks, deciding to let go of Jeongguk's matter for now. The new system just needed to be ready, needed to be perfect. The world was dominated by pride and due to that did humanity forget how to love, and Taehyung didn't want that for his people.

"So... no Under Royalty. Instead of those old pricks you want a council of ministers? That's actually way better than the Under Royalty." Yoongi agreed to the other's idea the moment he read it, feeling rather excited to be working on the case with him. "But what will happen to you, then? If we're getting a cabinet, what will that do to the royal family?"

Taehyung didn't answer the question right away and bit on his bottom lip in thought. What Yoongi said was true. But then again, he did this to help his people. He would always be their King no matter what the circumstances. Or... no. Taehyung had promised Jeongguk he would step off the throne. Maybe it was better for the country to not have a King.

"Maybe they need a president." Taehyung then said, receiving an immediate reaction in the vorm of a slap to his shoulder. Yoongi didn't seem to be too happy about the younger's idea. "No, stupid. You don't want to be as unlucky as America is with Trump. Besides, we shouldn't change the system too much."

Right, Taehyung thought. They really shouldn't change the system too much. That could bring more bad than good.
"I promised Jeongguk to step off the throne, Hyung." He didn't know why he spoke that aloud, but he did. And maybe it was a good thing that he did.
Yoongi however seemed surprised. "Why is that? Did he ask you to?"

"No of course not," Taehyung's words were full of annoyance. "Why would he ever ask me to?" The King shook his head and sighed, focusing back on the matter at hand. "I just promised him. What if he doesn't want to be the King's husband, you know? He'll be seen as the Queen and maybe he–"

"Ho, stop. Stop right there," there was confusion and surprise shown in the older's voice and eyes, as if he wasn't sure whether he just heard it right. "You haven't been a couple for long yet, and you already talk about marriage? Am I following you?" Raising up an eyebrow, Yoongi awaited a reply to his question.

"I don't know, okay?" Taehyung started his rant. "I just– I don't know why I suddenly thought of the future like that. Jeongguk's happiness is more important to me than being the King of this country." Cheeks feeling hot, Taehyung cupped his burning cheeks into his hands. He was blushing, something he did quite a lot lately.

"That's cute and all but how is the population going to take that?"

And Kim Yoongi was once again right. Why did everything he say make sense all the time? It was becoming annoying. And yet, Taehyung couldn't find it in himself to snap back at him. Because, Yoongi was indeed right. He couldn't just change the system and flee. It would take months- maybe even years- until the population was eased into the new system. They needed their King to help them with that. Why didn't Taehyung think of that earlier? He would be busier than ever before.

"...I also told him that you would be a good King..." the young King then mumbled. Upon not receiving any verbal reaction, Taehyung composed himself and looked up, met with Yoongi's reaction to what he was told.
Needless to say, but the older of the two felt honoured. It was also quite overwhelming. Did Taehyung really think he would be fitted to be a King?

"Hyung, you've been helping me a lot with my duties from the moment you came here. If I can't step off the throne, can this country then at least have two royal families?" Taehyung didn't know why he proposed the option, but it seemed right. Yoongi was fitted for it and he would do the job so well.

"I don't know, Tae. Is it even a possibility?" It wasn't a no. Yoongi was considering the option. It actually sounded nice. If the country had two Kings and a council of ministers, that would help with so much. The Under Royalty were greedy and annoying, while in the most beautiful stories from before the current system, the council of ministers was selfless and made sure the population was in good hands.

"I'd love to see that happen."

The sudden new voice startled both Yoongi and Taehyung, having them turning around to be greeted with Jeongguk who was standing against the wall next to the door.
He must have just gotten home from the Agency, obvious due to the fact he was wearing black sweatpants and a black T-shirt, oversized. Clothing that the youngest never wore when there was something else to wear. The smile on his face betrayed that he had been standing there for a while already. The other two weren't surprised about that, though.

"Jeonggukkie, how was your day at the Agency?" Yoongi shot his brother a bright smile, one that- Taehyung realized- he only gave to his bunny-alike brother.

Jeongguk didn't seem pleased with the change of conversation, if his pout was anything to go by, but only sighed at that before answering his brother's question. "Good as always. Jimin hyung still avoids me, though."

"He's avoiding the all of us, don't worry about it." Taehyung then said, offering a small smile.
Jeongguk gladly accepted the gesture and smiled back, making his way over to his brother and his boyfriend, giving both of them a kiss on the cheek. It was difficult to decide who he wanted to cuddle with. At last, he went for his brother. He could cuddle with Taehyung all night anyway.

"How was your day?" He asked after having found his place on Yoongi's lap, arms slung around his neck. He inhaled his brother's scent, the aroma of vanilla and coconut filling his nose. Jeongguk closed his eyes, feeling cozy. "Ji Dongwoo-ssi told me that the two of you have been working all day. Is it about the new system?"

Jeongguk was updated about the matter every day, being curious about what Yoongi and Taehyung were planning on doing.

"Hmm," Yoongi hummed, caressing the boy's back with gentle hands, hoping to lull him to sleep. "Taehyungie was proposing the idea of having two Kings and a cabinet. How does that sound to you, Bunny?"

"Good. Sounds good."

Ever since becoming a trainee at BigHit Entertainment has Jeongguk been quite passionate, as you might know already. But he also didn't sleep that well, which was normal in the eyes of the psychologist the boy met up with once a week.
And so, Yoongi and Taehyung tried to get him to sleep as much as possible at home. Jeongguk didn't really mind it. He actually enjoyed falling asleep in a calm and comfortable environment.

It didn't take long until the boy was fast asleep, but Yoongi didn't make any movement to get up and bring him to bed. Instead was he as careful as possible with picking up another paper. "Two Kings... how does that even work?" Yoongi whispered without looking up.

"How would I know?" The young King whispered back. "It's not like I've experienced it before. We'll divide the work and make decisions together. You can either keep living here or move somewhere else, too. Your choice."

"I'm staying," the older of the two didn't hesitate before saying that, arms tightening around his younger brother's waist. "I'm not leaving him ever again."

To Taehyung, the brothers sitting next to him were extremely interesting. They were different and they didn't give two fucks about pride. It was one of the reasons why Yoongi would be fitted to be a King. He was the one who loves while Taehyung was the one who was prideful.
But official matters aside, Taehyung admired how close the two Kim brothers were.