26: What A Brother Knows

"Walk a little bit faster, sweetheart. We don't want to be late now, do we?"

"No, Appa."

Kim Seokjin and his eleven year old son were running late for the last appointment regarding the adoption of the new addition to their family. Together with his husband Kim Namjoon was the older going to adopt a young boy. They were really happy and nervous at the same time and it was only a bonus that their son Kim Yoongi actually wanted to have a brother.

Arriving at the location they were expected, father and son were met with the other father. The male was longer than Seokjin and sported black hair. The bangs fell slightly over his forehead.
Namjoon smiled when he saw his husband and their son arriving, placing a chased kiss on Seokjin's cheek before engulfing his son in a hug. "Good to see you made it," Namjoon said, letting go of Yoongi to face his husband. "Why are you late?"

"Don't worry about that, you know how sneaky our Kitten can be." Seokjin smiled and clicked his tongue, ruffling his son's black hair and earning a shriek of displeasure. "Appa!" He whined, bringing his hands to his hair to try and comb it to be a bit less messy. "You know I don't like it when you do that!"

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but you know how much I like your hair. It's so soft." Seokjin cooed over Yoongi's pout and crouched down, poking his pointer fingers gently into the child's puffed up cheeks. "Don't sulk like that, sweetheart. We are going to meet your new brother today. Aren't you excited?"

Even years later into the future, Yoongi would still remember just how excited he was to meet his new brother. The boy had wanted to be a big brother for quite some years, even before he was adopted by the Kim couple at the age of eight. He was far from jealous about the new addition to their family, already making op ideas in his head on how to spoil his new brother.

So far were Seokjin and Namjoon the only people to meet up with the new son. They went to see him once a week and it had been like that for several months now. The boy had turned seven only three days ago. The couple had bought a present for the child. They would have to wait for four days longer until the boy was going to move in with them, and no one was patient enough.

"Yoongi?" Seokjin spoke out to the boy once they were inside the building and were seated in the waiting room. They had sat down, and that's when both Seokjin and Namjoon had remembered something.

"Appa?" Yoongi turned to face his Appa, seeing the seriousness on the adult's face.
"Daddy and I need to tell you something before we meet your new brother."

Yoongi hadn't quite understood what was going on. Looking at both his parents, he feared to hear something bad. The eleven year old nodded then, signalling he was ready to listen.

That was Namjoon's clue to squad down before the boy and place his big hands on the child's small legs. "Sweetheart, don't be startled when you enter the room, alright?" He started off with, voice soft and gentle and his smile reassuring, showing his dimples. Yoongi loved his dimples.
"Your brother doesn't come from a nice home situation. He's been here for nearly a year, too. He might be a bit scared or shy. Will you treat him gently, Yoongi?" The father looked his son in the eyes with hope and adoration. Namjoon trusted the boy a lot. He smiled when Yoongi nodded. "Good boy, Yoongi." The father said, squeezing the boy's knee encouragingly before standing up straight again.