22: Call From Appa

It was still too early to wake up, the palace still quiet as even the many workers were still sleeping safe and sound.
The sun peeking through the curtains, bathing the rooms in a beautiful and cozy light. It felt like summer already, with the birds chirping outside. The morning was beautiful. It was a shame no one was awake to notice.

Yoongi was awake. He woke up by the ringing of his phone, indicating a call. The male hadn't been too excited to pick up, but there really was no reason to decline. For all he knew, it could be someone from the King's men who had found something strange about his brother's file. Yoongi didn't want to miss such a call.
Turned out the caller was actually one of his fathers. His Appa. Yoongi sighed when the older started rambling, closing his eyes and falling back into the pillow while taking the sheets with him. "Appa, I cannot understand you if you speak like that," Yoongi was way too honest. People always misunderstood him for rude. "It's too early, also. What is it?"

Oh, Yoongi was well aware of what was going on.

Kim Seokjin- Yoongi's and Jeongguk's Appa- was extremely protective and mother-like. He liked to joke around and bully his husband just for the sake to see his sons happy.
Long story short, Seokjin didn't know that Yoongi had gone to the royal palace. Kim Namjoon was the one who knew. Namjoon was the Dad, a perfect example of a father you can only dream about. He worked and made time for his family, was caring and protective but not too much. He was the one to encourage his sons to do certain things. Like, teaching his sons how to swim, or encouraged them to always speak the truth.

"When are you coming home?" Seokjin asked into the phone, sounding sad. How could he not? Their Appa didn't have a job because he used to keep an eye on their youngest. He never talked about it, but Seokjin has been lonely ever since the King had taken Jeongguk from them. It was also their Appa who was the most angry about the situation.

"I don't know, Appa," Yoongi answered. "Inside the palace, I can see Jeonggukkie every day. Besides, I have this feeling that the King's been treating him like some toy. How can I just leave him behind? I won't leave without him, Appa." Well, Yoongi wasn't lying. He knew it was true. He could see his dear brother every day, even though he was forced to follow the King like a lost puppy whenever the brothers weren't together. It was really frustrating.

"How is Kookie doing?" It was evident in Seokjin's voice, he was going to cry. The Appa missed his youngest baby so much, it was extremely sad and stressful, as Yoongi knew he couldn't do anything to help. "He is doing well. He became friends with some guy named Jimin."

"I miss him..." Seokjin whispered. His voice was cracking and faltering, it was heartbreaking to hear.

"I know, Appa. I know you do."

That was the last sentence of their conversation, the line dying. Seokjin must have shut the call to avoid crying into the phone. Yoongi was aware, but he couldn't do anything about it. It made him feel so weak.

○○♡○○

When breakfast came around, Yoongi was still sulking to himself, playing with the food on his plate without a care of who watched him.

Both Taehyung and Jeongguk saw that something was bothering the oldest. Neither of them had a clue of what it was about, but Jeongguk could guess. His brother rarely showed his stress around people. The only times he would, the matter was always about their family.

"Hyungie?" The youngest then spoke up, placing the cutlery on his plate to lean his chin on both his palms, leaning to his right side where Yoongi was seated. "Did Appa and Dad call you?"

It was silent for a while, followed by a mere nod from the oldest, a sigh and then finally, words. "Appa did. He didn't know I left. Dad asked me not to tell him. You know how Appa gets," Yoongi fell silent to decide what to say next. "He's been... finding it quite difficult to cope with the situation."

Jeongguk would have replied to his brother if it wasn't for Taehyung to beat him to it.

The King didn't know why he was feeling so off lately. The nightmare he's had ever since he was eleven had never bothered him so much as it did since some days. The sudden realisation of Jeongguk choosing love over pride, it had stirred something awake inside of Taehyung. Something dedicated to his mother.
Whatever it was, he just couldn't handle it anymore. Taehyung had misused his power, a trait that wasn't really rare in his family. But there was this memory of his mom. A memory about her telling him how he shouldn't be just like the previous Kings. It bothered Taehyung. However, he didn't know why.

"Ji Dongwoo!" Taehyung said, slamming his fists on the table.
The personal assistant came rushing to the King's side, bowing and greeting him nervously.

"Sent a car to pick up Mr. Kim and his husband." Taehyung stood up from his seat and was about to walk off. But then he remembered some things, turning back around to Dongwoo. "Call up Jimin as well. I want him to give me an update on how the Entertainment is going now that Jung rules. And go out and buy a phone. That new one, to be precisely. I want it on my desk by four."

"Excuse me?" Dongwoo wasn't sure whether the King meant what he was saying. What did Taehyung need a new phone for?

But Taehyung lost interest in ordering Dongwoo around, and the next moment, his eyes were boring into Yoongi's. "Tell them they're staying for a while."

"They won't–"

"I am trying to talk to you, Kim Yoongi. Let me finish first."

The cold voice the King was talking with brought goosebumps to the older's body, tensing. Yoongi didn't know what was going on all of a sudden, but he did know that he was supposed to just listen to whatever it was that the King was saying.

"Tell them they're staying for a while," Taehyung repeated. "I have a second house somewhere near Nowon-gu, I bet they'll like the place." Taehyung turned around and walked off, leaving the two brothers in surprise and shock.

"He's... going to help us?" Jeongguk asked, not understanding what had just happened. "Nowon-gu is far away from here, isn't it?"

"Not really. But it is far away from home." Yoongi was just as shocked as his brother. He couldn't think of a reason for the King to decide and sent their parents somewhere rich and safe while it was him to kidnap their child in the first place.

Just what was going on inside his head?