51: How Bad Decisions Can End Up Doing Good

With all the staff doing their respective work around him, Yoongi felt a little pressured. He wanted to be alone so bad and just find out what had really happened. The reason why everything that had happened– well, happened. But it was so difficult to focus, so hard to keep track of what he already found and what he just discovered.
Why? You might be thinking. Well, the palace hadn't been the same ever since Jeongguk returned from the hospital.

Taehyung's behaviour wasn't the same, had switched a whole turn as if a button was pressed. His usual cold demeanor was switched with a nice one, and even though that was quite welcomed, it ticked the staff off. They knew that the King's former companion- who now was known as the Prince around the palace- was the reason for the change. And they were so thankful for that, yet so, so scared that there would be a day when he would be even worse than ever before.

And Kim Yoongi was ticked off too. Not because of the sudden change of the King's behaviour, but because of the staff's nervousness which he really disliked. It distracted him from his research and he hated that.
However, there was so much more to think about than only the annoying staff. And maybe, Yoongi was just blaming the people around him for the distractions inside his head.

He certainly was.

"How's your day going, Hyung?"

Kim Taehyung, the young King who's been around him quite a lot lately.
The two were actually friends now, which Yoongi- very surprisingly- openly admitted. The hate between the two of them had turned into a twisted friendship and now that twisted part wasn't there anymore. They opened up about themselves to one another and the friendship was born. Okay so that's not exactly how it happened but you get the point.

"Jeongguk's at BigHit again? He goes there quite a lot lately." Yoongi didn't even look up from the screen of his laptop, searching through whatever site he could find about his brother's biological mother.

"He is. I think it's a good thing though," Taehyung replied. He took the seat across from the older. "He doesn't have to worry about all this. I want him to live his life."

"How generous." Yoongi's voice didn't sound angry. Rather sarcastic. And the younger could understand why. "Taking his freedom away from him was a mistake I feel really guilty about. I hope he'll forgive me one day."

A chuckle arose from the older's throat, a cheeky smile on his face as he finally looked up from his laptop to meet eyes with the younger. "Who says you aren't forgiven already?"

Those words made way for a strange feeling to grow inside Taehyung's stomach. A weird feeling of nervousness and dread. He bit his lip at the unknown feeling, looking down with his eyes narrowed due to how much he despised feeling that way.

Another chuckle from the other gained his attention again, Taehyung coming eye to eye with the older's amused gaze. "They call it nervousness, dread or fear, little Tae Tae. It's a common feeling. And if Jeonggukkie is the cause of why you are feeling anything at all, you'll have to get used to it."

Taehyung scoffed at his words but didn't say anything back. What was there to say? Jeongguk is the reason why he is feeling emotions for sure and Taehyung was happy about that. Even though the current feeling of nervousness and dread was a horrible feeling, it was nothing compared to what Jeongguk must have felt during the first few weeks of being inside the palace or during the panic he went through after discovering the truth about himself. Taehyung simply has no right to complain about the feeling in his stomach.

"You think he forgave me already? That fast?" The uncertainty in his eyes was obvious, something Yoongi found himself seeing a lot when he was around the male. "Even though we are mad about what you did, we cannot deny that you saved him."

"Saved him?"

"Yeah," Yoongi let out a breath of what seemed to be doubt. He was well aware of the younger's confusion. "We didn't know anything about what he was doing. When you took him, he suddenly was forced to adjust to a new temporary lifestyle. And now, he can finally think about the future." There was something about what Yoongi said that got to the younger, had him speechless for a few seconds. "But I– I hurt him, Hyung," Taehyung didn't know why he was going against the other's words. He felt strange about it, stressed and not so happy. Taehyung has done something terrible and Yoongi was literally saying that he didn't. Funny, how their opinions had changed.

"I forced him! That's nothing good!"

"Taehyung, calm down." Yoongi was aware of why the younger was feeling so bad right now. Taehyung did do something bad, but that same bad thing saved Yoongi's brother.
"I am not saying that what you did was a good thing, okay?" The older of the two stood up from his seat on the stool and walked around the desk to squat down next to Taehyung. "I am saying that- even though you did something that isn't right- you saved my brother. You saved your boyfriend."

Boyfriend.

Taehyung liked that.

A smile appeared on his face, his eyes softened. Inhaling a deep breath, Taehyung then nodded and faced the older. "Thank you, Hyung. But that didn't answer my question."
Seeing the younger having composed himself again, Yoongi chuckled and stood back up, combing a hand through Taehyung's hair with a sigh, emitting a surprised squeak in reaction. "You're such a kid, you know that?"

"Yeah yeah, there's no possibility to not know when you keep repeating it the whole time."

Yoongi sat back down on the stool and lowered the screen of his laptop to face the younger better. He already was too distracted anyway.
"That Bunny doesn't have a reason to not forgive you. Whatever you did to him, he's in love. And so are you."

Taehyung felt how his cheeks flushed bright red, a smile on his face at the mention of the most beautiful feeling he's ever felt in his whole lifetime. Love was such a beautiful feeling. It was sweet like honey, light like a feather, bitter like dark chocolate and addictive like the summer's sun. The feeling wasn't too sweet, wasn't too bitter. It wasn't too strong either. Love was something you needed to be ready for for it to be magical. Which both Taehyung and Jeongguk sure as hell were.

"Did the boy say anything before he left?" Yoongi then interrupted the younger's thoughts. "Did he say anything when he returned from BigHit yesterday? I haven't had time to speak to him myself yet."

"And what would be the reason for that..." Taehyung scoffed in a whisper, voice full of sarcasm, receiving a death glare from the other. To which he only winked playfully. "Hoseok asked him to become an Idol at BigHit," Taehyung then said, his eyes sparkled at how proud he was. "Jeonggukkie said yes. They're signing the contract today."

"Really!?" Yoongi's eyes shot wide open, he was surprised. The happy kind, though, as became obvious once a bright smile broke out. He literally teared up. "I've caught him singing and dancing secretly ever since he was eight. We should celebrate this!"

Taehyung nodded, agreeing to what Yoongi said.

The older was definitely right about his younger brother living his life. Jeongguk was making baby steps into his future without even being aware of it himself.