𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗧𝗮𝘀𝗸

IT WAS THE DAY OF the first task and Isaac was worried for his brother. He was in the Champions tent as he talked with his brother.

"You have a plan? Cedric, you don't even know what dragon you're gonna get." Cedric scoffed at his brother and rubbed his head, basically messing his hair up.

"I'm serious Cedric. What if you end up hurting yourself? What would father say?" Cedric sighed and patted his brother's shoulder. He smiled reassuringly at him but Isaac just stared at jim with a stern look.

"You have to believe in me Isaac. I can't help what might happen, but if you cheer for me I bet I can win brother." Isaac sighed and nodded. He really hoped nothing happened to Cedric. Even if they do bicker a lot Isaac does love his brother.

Their little moment was ruined when they heard a camera flash. Isaac look towards the sound and saw Harry and Hermione standing beside each other. Cedric and Isaac shared a look and shrugged. They both approached the scene carefully and were able to hear Viktor's comment. "This tent is for champions and friends only."

Isaac looked at Hermione and gave her an 'are you ok' look. She nodded but glared at Rita Skeeter. He chuckled and listened in again. "No matter. We've got what we wanted."

Dumbledore came into the tent with the two other headmasters, Filch and Mr. Fudge. "Good day champions. Gather 'round please."

Isaac sighed and stayed where he was as he didn't want to disturbe them. He saw Hermione stick to the side of Harry. He chuckled softly as she stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. "...A moment only the four of you can fully appreciate."

As Dumbledore noticed Hermione, he looked confused and a bit amused. Isaac put a hand on his mouth, trying to muffle his laughs. "What are you doing here Miss Granger? I understand Mr. Diggory here as he is the brother of one of our champions."

"Oh... sorry." In order to stop her from further embarrassing herself, Isaac moved towards Hermione and the exit. He grabbed her hand and smiled at the Headmaster.

"I'll go out with Hermione now sir. Sorry for the trouble." Dumbledore waved his hand dismissively as Isaac smiled and bowed slightly to him before exiting the tent.

He walked a few feet away and chuckled to himself. Isaac looked around before letting go of her hand. He chuckled at her still red face. "It's alright Jean. You didn't embarrass yourself as much as you think you did."

Hermione hit him in the arm before glaring at him. She looked around them and sighed in relief. "I'm more embarrassed that of all reporters, Rita Skeeter was the one who took the photo. I just know she's going to twist the story in her own lovely way."

Isaac laughed at her sarcasm and put an arm around her shoulder. "What could be worse? Her saying you and Harry are dating or you and Harry snogging? Hmm?"

Hermione hit him upside his head making him groan. She laughed softly at him and sighed. She went up the stairs slowly so that she could still talk to Isaac. "You don't know with the likes of her. She could manipulate it in a very disgruntled way. It's infuriating!"

Isaac chuckled and patted her head. "I know.. I know." As they were at the stands, they parted ways and sat with their friends.

The First Task began with Viktor Krum as he battled the Chinese Fireball. He used the Conjunctivitis Curse and blinded the dragon. He was able to get the egg but lost points as the dragon started smashing half the real eggs.

Fleur Delacour went next with her Common Welsh Green dragon. She enchanted the dragon to sleep and got the egg but while she was escaping the arena, the dragon burned part of her skirt as he snorted fire out.

Cedric went third and tackled the Swedish Short-Snout dragon. He transfigured a rock into a dog to distract the dragon while he retrieved the egg. Halfway through, the dragon turned towards Cedric and burned half of his face but in the end Cedric was able to retrieve the egg.

Upon seeing that he was hurt, Isaac excused himself from Violet and Thomas before sprinting towards the tent. Madame Pomfrey told him to wait outside as she healed his brother. He started pacing after a few minutes of hearing screams and groans coming from a secluded part of the tent.

After another few minutes, Harry came inside with a slashed shoulder. Isaac went towards him and propped him on a bed before notifying Madam Pomfrey that Harry was also injured.

Isaac looked at the golden egg Harry had and grinned. He patted his unscratched shoulder and chuckled. "You did it mate. Except for your shoulder you did well. Sorry, I wasn't able to watch yours though."

Harry shook his head slightly and smiled at him He patted his arm and sighed. "It's alright Isaac. Your brother was injured."

Isaac was about to thank Harry but wasn't able to as Hermione and Ron came in and furiously looked for Harry. Once Hermione saw him, she brought him in a big hug, glad he was safe and not dead. "Oh Harry, your alright."

Isaac chuckled but saw the pained look on Harry's face. He patted Hermione's shoulder and leant down for his mouth to be near her ear. "Harry has an injury so you best let go now Mione."

Hermione immediately let go of Harry and looked around his body until her eyes stopped at his injured shoulder. She gasped and looked at Harry. "You're injured! Where's Madam Pomfrey?!"

"She's busy Mione, with my brother that is." Hermione looked at Isaac and gasped as she remembered how Cedric got burned in the face. She stood up and hugged Isaac tightly, trying to comfort him at the least.

"Is he alright Isaac? Nothing major?" Isaac chuckled and patted her head soothingly. He sighed and looked towards the sheet that seperated him from his brother.

"I sure hope he's ok."