𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀

ISAAC WAS LEANING ON the wall behind Hermione and Harry as everyone in the room sat awkwardly in the silence. Isaac sighed and looked out the window.

The 'few friends' Hermione talked about arrived after 30 minutes of them arriving themselves. Isaac could feel Hermione's nervous feeling as she was the one who had to talk. He put a reassurring hand on her shoulder and she breathed out. He felt her relax a bit and removed his hand on her shoulder.

She stood up slowly and looked around the room with a serious face. Isaac smiled as he saw her eyes that were filled with determination and passionas she started to speak. "Um. Hi. So, you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher."

Isaac looked out the window again as he already knew what the whole thing was about. He didn't need the speech to make him sign up as he already knew he was going to join. He sighed as he thought how didficult it would be for Harry soon, with such a big burden of teaching at the age of 15.

"One who's had experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

"Why?"

Isaac decided to butt in as he knew Hermione might not want to handle a stupid git like this one. "Why? Because You-Know-Who is back."

"So he says."

"So Dumbledore says." Isaac looked at Hermione with a raised eyebrow who simply ignored him for now as even more doubts came from the people infront of them.

"Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?" Isaac moved away from the wall and looked at the student with a look of distaste.

"Harry could tell us more on how Diggory got killed." Hermione looked at Isaac who started to get irritated at what they were trying to get from Harry.

Harry looked towards Isaac who looked about ready to kill the person, so he decided to speak at that moment. "I'm not going to talk about Cedric. So if that's why you're here you might as well clear out."

Isaac closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down. He felt someone unfold the fist he didn't even realize he made and held his hand gently. He opened his eyes and saw Hermione smiling at him reassuringly. Isaac gave a small smile back and squeezed her hand in his.

"Is it true you can produce the Patronous Charm?" Everyone looked towards Luna who was looking directly at Harry with a faraway look in her eyes. Hermione glanced at Harry and saw that he wasn't able to speak, so she helped him.

"Yes. I've seen it." Dean Thomas looked at Harry with wonder and smiled softly at him.

"Blimey Harry. I didn't know you could do that."

"He killed a basilisk. With the sword in Dumbledore's office." Everyone looked at Neville who defended Harry. Isaac would have thought Neville was more on the Hufflepuff side, but knew that the Sorting Hat put him in Gryffindor for a reason.

Everyone who was close to Harry started to defend him by telling the people in the room about his adventures during the past year. Isaac zoned them all out as he already knew all of it.

"Right. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is, most of that was luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help." Isaac saw Hermione protest but Harry silenced her. He looked around him and sighed.

"Facing these stuff in real life is not like school. In school when you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there, when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die before your eyes, you don't know what that's like."

Everyone in the room looked down, ashamed they even doubted Harry. Isaac felt sympathy for the boy and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Harry gave him a quick smile and looked back towards the crowd. Harry sat back down and Isaac removed his hand from his shoulder.

"You're right Harry we don't know what thats like." Hermione sat back down again and let go of Isaac's hand. He leaned back in the wall while Hermione continued to speak.

"That's why we need your help. If we're going to have any chance of beating... Voldemort." Everyone in the room went silent and Isac knew that they now all believed Harry.

He shook his head in disbelief and sighed. He really didn't understand why people had to be so thick-headed at times.