7.

Chapter 7- Cinderella's story

Today, I'm going to tell you a story.

A story that you think you know, but really don't.

A story of deaths, heartbreaks, secrets, magic, and me.

As Fairy Godmother.

Once Upon a Time, there was a rich merchant named Wendall Tremaine. He was a greedy man, and a rich one too. He had a young daughter named, yes, Cinderella. 

Cinderella had a kind mother named Lyria Tremaine, one of the few good people in the world, but kind and good does not get you far. Cinderella loved her mother, and was devastated when she died.

Cinderella most definitely did not start out bad, but quickly became so after her mother's death. People say that Lyria died of natural causes, but which? 

Most people don't know, but Lyria Tremaine died of heartbreak. 

She had found out that her beloved husband had a lover, and could not live anymore.

What I learned from this story is that in the end, someone dies.

Someone always dies.

Cinderella could never forgive her father for what he had done.

Gone was the young, naive little girl who believed that her parents loved each other.

In her place was something else, something new.

Something that wanted revenge.

That something lurks beneath our skin, that darkness that we all eventually give in to.

That something that Cinderella gave in to.

Right after Lyria died, Wendall Tremaine married his lover.

Her name will be important in the future, but for now, we will be calling her Lady Tremaine.

Lady Tremaine was a tall woman, with auburn hair and brown eyes. She also had two daughters, Anastasia and Drissella. 

Lady Tremaine and her daughters did not treat Cinderella badly, but a series of events would change that.

Wendall was getting ready to rewrite his will --- so everything would go to Lady Tremaine. 

Cinderella could not have that happen, because then she would end up with nothing. 

And she needed the money to have revenge.

To put it simply, Cinderella killed her father.

To put it even more simply, all the good that remained in her?

Gone.

Absolutely gone.

Never to be found again.

With this act, Cinderella was a murderer.

And she could not let anyone know that.

So what did she do?

With some black magic, she made Lady Tremaine and her daughters treat her poorly.

She spun lies that would become the death of her.

She just didn't know it yet.

I have to give it to her though, it was a good cover-up. Who would suspect the mistreated, beautiful, mourning Cinderella to have murdered her own father in cold blood?

No one.

Unless they knew the truth.

Her newfound wealth was not enough for Cinderella, she needed something more.

Something better.

Like a kingdom.

You see, I owed Lyria a favor, when she helped me long ago, but I could not save her, because her heart had lost it's will to live. I could have gone to drastic measures, but that would not help her situation. 

So instead, I did the next best thing.

I helped her daughter.

I got Cinderella to go to the ball, and win the prince's heart, yes.

But my biggest masterpiece in the whole Cinderella issue was her ball gown!

I mean, have you seen it?

With its beautiful blue silky color, and the jewels sewn into it, that dress was absolutely AMAZING!

And let's not forget those shoes!

Glass, yet comfortable, it was AMAZING!

Yes, there were a few minor setbacks, like the moonshine silk that couldn't last long, (that's why she had to leave before midnight), but those shoes! 

I was like, 14 at the time so mistakes were inevitable, but still!

Now, I have an altered much, much better version of the dress (purple this time), it still has the moonshine silk, but it'll last, and the glass shoes were already a masterpiece so I didn't change it.

And who did I make it for, you may be asking?

Well, me, of course!

I have yet to wear it, but I will one day.

Anyways, getting on with the story.

Where are we?

Oh yeah...

So, they get married, then the king dies, so Cinderella kills that princes, making her queen, but her reign didn't last long, the people hated her and she had a falling out with me, so she had to be punished.

I didn't kill her.

I don't kill people.

I did something else.

But that's a story for another time.