13.

Chapter 13 - Aril The Sea Witch

    Ok, people! Today we are going to review the story of the little mermaid. And let's make one thing clear here.

    'The Little Mermaid', gag, is a fairytale that is wrong in sooo many ways. 

    For one, there is no mermaid, she's a Sea Witch, and two, her name is Aril. 

    A-ril.

    Not Ariel. 

    Who the heck is Ariel?

    Aril was not the prettiest sea creature, and she really didn't like that. So I pulled a few strings, gave her a permanent spell that made her gorgeous with a rocking bod, but the idiot went off and decided to fall in love with a mortal prince.

    Seriously.

    She wanted to become mortal, and went to me to beg for a spell.

    Again.

    Now here's the thing about me, I'm a relatively fair person, and the way I run things is in favors. I do something for you, you do something for me.

    Simple.

    Easy.

    I didn't particularly want to grant Aril another favor, but then she'd owe me double.

    I was feeling rather generous that day.

    So I made her human.

    With a catch.

    She would only be able to remain human as long as her prince loved her.

    I warned her that mortal men are unpredictable and prideful, too wrapped up in what they believed was right, and that he would only see her for her beauty.

    Aril was so stupid.

    She loved her prince, and her prince loved her beauty.

    They got married, and Aril was content.

    Until her prince fell in love with a younger, prettier woman.

    Honestly.

    Like, seriously.

    Aril came to me again, begging for me to make her irresistible to all mortal men.

    I was starting to get really annoyed with her.

    But I granted her that wish.

    See? I can be nice sometimes.

    Note the sometimes.

    Anyways, her dear prince still fell in love with the other woman and fell out of love with Aril.

    Aril was heartbroken and blah, blah, blah, so she once again became a Sea Witch.

    I let her keep her looks though, I'm not that cruel.

    I did warn her, mortal men aren't worth the time.

    Then Aril did something so stupid, you wouldn't believe it.

    I mean, Aril was an intelligent girl, very smart.

    But there's a difference between smart and stupid.

    Smart had its limits, while stupid did not.

    And Aril exceeded those limits.

    She... wait for it...

    She snuck into my home, tried to steal one of my spells, just so she could get her stupid prince to love her again. (no longer her prince)

    I'm not a vengeful person... oh who am I kidding?

    I'm a very vengeful person.

    Nobody betrays my trust like that and gets away with it.

    Can you guess what I did?

    I... drumroll, please...

    Damned her to eternal solitude, never to find true love again!

    Yay!

    And just to clarify, she deserved it.