Day 1: Friday

"Now, you go on in there and show my daughter a good time. Just not too good," Toomes said with a smile and Peter stepped out of the car. All the sounds around Peter were muted and far away.

Peter's mind raced as he thought about Toomes's eyes, the Vulture's mask, the alien weaponry, Liz and Toomes's threat. Peter watched as the car pulled away and he stood in shock for a few moments. He numbly walked up the stairs and looked into the school hall, where he saw Ned and MJ waving and swearing at him.

Then faintly heard something pierce the air and he felt his spidey senses go off before a bullet tore through his body, forcing the air to be forced out of his lungs. Peter gasped but no air entered his body. He felt his heart beat sluggishly as blood began pouring into his internal cavities and between his organs.

He felt blood trickling down his back and soaking into the suit that May had made sure looked perfect on him. A tear fell from Peter's eye. This was it. Peter was faintly aware of falling back and rolling down the stairs but it was filled with numbness and soon his vision went black.

~

"Show me the map again Friday," Tony said and a holographic map came up. "Now this interesting," Tony said as he began to study the map. A few moments later, Friday's voice come on.
"Sir, I've received CCTV footage from outside Midtown high."
"Mmm," Tony replied as he was deep in thought. "Anything of interest Friday?"
"Mr Parker appears to have been shot," Friday stated and Tony suddenly became alert, looking up from the map. "Mr Parker appears to be unconscious at the base of the west entrance of the school hall. Footage shows no assailants or other parties involved. Peter was shot once in the back and he is non-responsive,"
"Thanks Friday," Tony said as he got into his suit and took off. "Tell Bruce to get the medbay up and running."
"Yes sir."

~

Ned and MJ watched as Peter gasped behind the double doors. The colour drained from his face and he fell back, as though he had fainted. They looked at each other and shrugged before they walked outside.
"What the hell?" MJ called as they saw Peter lying at the bottom of the stairs.
"Peter? Are you ok dude?" Ned called out. Others waiting outside turned to see what was going on.
"Has he fainted?"
"What a weirdo," Students muttered around them. A few seconds went by and Peter remained motionless. MJ frowned and began walking down the stairs. Ned followed her.
"You can't just faint Peter, it's not masculine," MJ said, sure that Peter was faking.
"Come on Peter, this is not cool," Ned told him.
"Get up Peter," MJ said, lightly kicking him. Peter's body rocked gently and he gasped.
"You better not be faking Peter, I can't stand more public humiliation," Ned said as he crouched beside Peter.
"He's got his eyes are closed," MJ said as she looked into Peter's face.
"Come on dude," Ned said as he shook Peter.
"Hold on Ned. Is that blood?" MJ asked as she crouched beside Ned. "Roll him away from us," MJ said and Ned gently rolled Peter away from him.
"That's blood," Ned gasped as he saw the blood was pooling on the concrete below Peter and MJ followed it back to the bullet wound on Peter's back.
"Get an ambulance Ned," MJ said before they heard the sound of thrusters and everyone turned to see Iron Man landing on the road. All the students cried out, cheered and screamed before they ran towards Iron Man.
"Stay back!" Tony told them and the students stopped dead in their tracks. Tony then turned to MJ, Ned and Peter while people took out their phones. Tony reacted the mask as he knelt beside Peter and looked into his face.
"Pete, it's me. Can you hear me?" Tony asked and Ned and MJ watched him in shock. A few seconds went by as students began filming. "How's he doing Friday?"
"His heart rate's at 210, blood pressure falling dramatically. He's gone into shock and my scans are showing severe internal injuries to both of his lungs and heart. There is mass haemorrhaging, surgery is advised as soon as possible," Friday reported.
"Did... Did your suit just say that Peter's needs surgery?" MJ asked in shock.
"Yes. I'm going to take him from here," Tony said as he gathered Peter into his arms and stood up, making sure that the mask retracted over his face. MJ and Ned stood up as well, and Ned couldn't take his eyes off Peter.
"Is he going to be ok?" Ned asked.
"I'm going to make sure that he gets all the care he needs. Lets go Friday," Tony said before he took off. "Stay with me kid," Tony whispered to Peter as he flew towards the Avengers compound.