Day 10: Sunday

To Ned: Hey man, do you want to come over today?

Text Message, Ned, 9:30 – What happened yesterday Peter? I was meant to come round then. Are you ok?

To Ned: Yeah, I'm good. I had a bit of a bad day, that's all. Bruce and Tony said that it be would be ok for you to come today. You can bring MJ too.

Text Message, Ned, 8:35 – Ok man, this is going to be so awesome!

Half an hour later, Ned and MJ arrived at the Avengers Tower. They came into the medbay as Tony helped Peter to stand up on a pair of crutches.
"That's great Peter," Tony said as Peter stood up.
"Hi guys," Peter said as he saw Ned and MJ walking towards him.
"Focus Peter," Tony said.
"I've got it Mr Stark, I'm fine."
"You get to call Iron Man Mr Stark?" MJ asked and Peter looked up at her with a smile.
"That's it Peter," Tony said as he gently released his grip on Peter and Peter stood up on his own. "What's wrong with you friend Pete, he looks like he's about to faint," Tony said as he pointed at Ned. Ned had gone pale and he was shaking.
"Oh, he's just super excited to be in the Avengers Tower and that he might actually get to meet the Avengers," MJ explained.
"I like you. You're sassy."
"Thank you. Are you ok Peter?"
"Yeah, I'm getting there."
"Do you need a hand to get the lounge kid?" Tony asked and Peter shook his head.
"I think that I'll be ok Mr Stark."
"Ok," Tony replied and Peter smiled before his gaze fell on Ned.
"Can you say something Ned? I don't want to have to share this medbay with you tonight."
"H... Hi, Iron Man," Ned stuttered.
"Hi," Tony replied. "Come on Peter, lets go into the lounge," Tony said and together they walked to the lounge. MJ walked beside Peter and Ned bounced behind them like an excited puppy. They made it into the lounge where Peter sat on the sofa with MJ and Ned beside him. "I'll leave you youngsters to it ok?"
"Thanks Mr Stark."
"No worries kid."
"Wait!" Ned said as he suddenly became alert.
"Wow, he speaks!" Tony joked.
"Don't you need to keep an eye on Peter's vitals or something? I mean, he was shot."
"He was shot over a week ago Ned, I'm sure that they've got it under control."
"We're still monitoring his vitals Ned, yes. But we can do so remotely."
"They're taking very good care of me, besides I've fine for 36 hours."
"What happened 36 hours ago?"
"Peter collapsed from dehydration. It scared the hell out of Tony," Bruce called from the kitchen.
"Don't embarrassed me in front of the kids Bruce," Tony said as Bruce appeared round the corner.
"Sorry Tony, I couldn't help myself."
"You're Bruce Banner... You're the Hulk," Ned squeaked in excitement.
"Yeah, that's right. And you are?"
"Ned. Ned Leeds. Wow. I am so honoured to meet you."
"Ah, so you're Peter's nerdy friend."
"Yes!"
"You know that most people would take that as an insult right?"
"I don't care. They're the Avengers!" Ned squealed and it made Bruce and Tony smile.
"Anyway, we'll leave you lot to it and I'll check on you later Peter ok?"
"Yeah, thanks Tony," Peter said as they left and Ned watched them go.
"You done?" MJ asked Ned.
"No."
"How did you find walking with the crutches Peter?" MJ asked Peter.
"Yeah, it was ok. It was better than my other attempts."
"When are you going to come back to school?"
"Tomorrow maybe, but Mr Stark is insisting that he comes with me."
"What?! Tony Stark will be joining you at school? That's sick dude."
"It's weird."
"It's going to freak everyone out, especially Flash! He thinks that you've been lying about the whole thing."
"He's been worried about you too though. I think he wants to beat you up when you get back because he's been missing you so much."
"Aww, that's sweet, but I don't think that Tony will let him."
"Why are you at the Avengers Tower anyway and not in a proper hospital?"
"Mr Stark wanted me to be looked after by his doctors. He doesn't trust hospitals."
"I got that impression. He better be taking good care of you."
"He is. What films do we have?"
"I brought Snatch and the Italian Job."
"Those are films?"
"Yeah, they're English ones but I like them."
"You choose MJ," Peter said and they watched the Italian Job together. The Avengers then came in to join them and Ned got so excited that he completely forgot about Peter. Peter didn't mind as he loved watching Ned get very excited. Ned convinced MJ to take a group photo of him and the Avengers. He managed to freak Thor out which, the Avengers agreed, was a first. Peter snuggled up to MJ as he listened to their conversations. Thor made pizza and they watched Snatch. Just as the credits rolled, MJ looked down at Peter.
"Peter?" MJ asked gently as she ran her hand through his hair. "Peter?" She asked again, shaking him slightly. Ned turned and saw Peter asleep on MJ.
"Peter? Peter, are you ok?"
"He's just fallen asleep," Steve said and Ned and MJ looked across at him. "His bedtime's about 8pm at the moment," Steve said before he got up, gathered Peter into his arms and lifted him up. "He'll have to learn that at some point that I won't carry him to bed every night," Steve joked as he carried Peter back to his bed. MJ helped Steve tuck Peter under the covers in the medbay.
"Is he going to be in school tomorrow?"
"I think that's Tony's plan but we'll just have to wait and see. We'll give you two a lift home," Steve said with a smile.