Day 8: Friday

"Ok Peter, no collapsing on me this time," Tony said as he stood in-front of Peter with Peter's hands in his.
"Ok," Peter said as he stood up.
"That's it kiddo," Tony said as he stood at Peter's side.
"Are you ok Peter?" Happy asked on Peter's other side.
"Yeah, I'm ok."
"Happy, I want you to watch his vitals carefully for me ok?"
"Yep, I am doing Tony."
"I don't think that I can Mr Stark," Peter said as he shook his head. Memories were coming to him from the day before and he didn't want to fail again.
"Of course you can, you're vitals are fine now ok Peter?" Tony said and he looked at Happy for confirmation. Happy gave him a thumbs up. "All you need to do is put one foot in front of the other. It's as easy as that."
"Ok. I'll give it a go."
"Great. Nice and slow now," Tony said and Peter nodded. He reached out a hand for Tony and Tony took it into his own. Peter shuffled a foot forwards and began putting his weight onto it. "That's great Peter. It wasn't that hard was it?"
"No it wasn't," Peter said. He moved slowly and half an hour later they made it to the window.
"Hold onto this kid," Tony said as he moved Peter's hands to the railing.
"I've got it."
"Sure?"
"Yeah," Peter replied and Tony held onto the railing with one hand whilst he kept a hand around Peter's waist.
"Vitals are looking good Tony," Happy said as he came over.
"Am I an Avenger yet Mr Stark?"
"Not quite kid. Getting shot doesn't count as your entry test."
"Looking good kid," Happy said. "It's an improve from yesterday I take it?"
"Definitely. His body didn't like walking at all yesterday and now look at it."
"Yeah it's great."
"And how's the chest? Can you breathe ok?"
"Yeah, but Bruce is slowly taking me off the oxygen."
"You can't reply on it forever Peter," Happy said and Peter nodded.
"I know but it's nice," Peter replied before he bowed his head and looked down at the floor.
"Are you ok Peter?" Happy asked.
"Can I get back into bed please," Peter whispered.
"Yeah sure kid. Are you ok to walk back to the bed?"
"Yeah, just with two people."
"Yeah, ok, sure," Happy said as he and Tony helped Peter back to the bed.
//
"Peter? Is that you?" Ned asked as he picked up the phone.
"Yeah, hey man."
"Are ok? I mean yesterday you were kinda out of it."
"Yeah my blood pressure took a dive when I tried to walk and Tony had to catch me."
"Tony Stark sounds so sweet man!"
"You have no idea," Peter told Ned with a laugh. "He's like a dad to me which means he shouts at me sometimes."
"I bet that's super scary."
"It is."
"How are you doing? Have you tried walking again?"
"Yeah I've just walked across the room with Tony and Happy."
"That's amazing dude."
"Yeah I know. I watched a film with the team too last night."
"Wait, the team? Like the Avengers team?"
"Yeah, they're all looking out for me. It's honestly amazing man."
"And what about May? Has she been looking after you?"
"Yeah she has. She had to go back to work today, seeing that I'm not dying any more. She's been so worried about me."
"So have I. I almost fainted in class dude."
"Aw Ned, I'm so sorry."
"So, do you know who shot you?" Ned asked and Peter paused. "Peter?"
"I don't want to talk about it Ned."
"Do you know who did it? You have to tell me man, or Tony Stark or someone so they can beat this guy up for you."
"Tony already knows Ned and the last time I talked about it I had a full on panic attack."
"Was it that bad Peter?"
"Yes!" Peter cried out. "He shot me and I almost died. I had a ventilation tube down my throat helping me to breathe, and it took me like 5 days to wake up. Tony and May were worried sick and I was being cared for around the clock. Black Widow had to help give me a shower yesterday and all the Avengers have been worried sick for me. So yes it was bad!" Peter finished and he paused as he realised that he had just ranted at his best friend. "I'm sorry Ned. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted, I."
"It's ok Peter," Ned replied, his voice quieter now. "It's been hard for you, I get that. Can I come and see you?"
"Yeah, that would be nice. I'll talk to Mr Stark and see if you can come round tomorrow."
"Oh my God, I could come to the Avengers Tower!" Ned squealed in excitement.
"Yeah," Peter replied with a laugh. "I'll see you soon Ned ok?"
"Yeah. See you soon man."
"Bye."
"Bye."
//
"Watch out everyone, high speed Peter coming through," Tony said and Peter smiled as he walked in Tony's grip into the kitchen.
"Woho, Peter ahoy," Rhodes said as he moved out of the way for Peter.
"Couldn't resist food could you Spiderkid?" Thor asked.
"No I couldn't Thor," Peter replied before focusing back on his feet.
"Nice and slow kid, that's it."
"Have you walked all the way from the medbay?"
"Yeah. But I had to sit down in the corridor."
"Most people need to sit down when leaving the medbay. Take a seat Peter," Natasha said as she pulled out a chair and both she and Tony helped Peter onto it. Peter sighed as he relaxed back.
"Here you are, some water and a ham sandwich," Rhodes said, handing some food to Peter.
"Thanks," Peter replied as he reached for the water. His hand was shaking and Natasha supported him.
"I've got it Peter," Natasha reassured him as she helped to hold the water as Peter drank it.
"I said that Peter can have some friends round tomorrow."
"Oh."
"Friends or girlfriends?"
"Friends," Peter replied with a laugh as he let go of the water and closed his eyes.
"Feeling a bit dizzy there bud?" Tony asked Peter as he rubbed a hand round his back.
"Yeah," Peter replied. "And everything's a bit blurry Tony," Peter said as Natasha put the water down.
"Some low blood pressure is to be expected Peter," Natasha told him.
"Can I have some more water please Nat?"
"Sure," Natasha said bringing the cup back to Peter. She held the back of his neck as she helped him drink it.
"Are you ok Peter?"
"I'm feeling a bit dizzy."
"Have something to eat Peter, it'll help you feel better," Bruce said as he walked into the room.
"Where have you been Bruce?"
"Reviewing Peter's latest scans."
"Can I see?" Tony said as he came over and Bruce showed him the scans. "His heart's healing then?"
"Yeah, the inner tissue is growing back and our patch is holding it together well."
"That's fantastic Bruce," Natasha said as she moved her attention to him. "How long until he's back to normal?"
"6 days or so, this is very promising."
"Err, guys? Guys!" Rhodes shouted and they turned to him as Peter landed with a loud thud on the floor and Rhodes failed to catch him.
"Peter!" They cried out, running to Peter, who was unconscious on the floor.
"Peter? Wake up kid. Rhodes why didn't you say anything?!" Tony shouted as he knelt beside Peter.
"I tried Tony but we all took our eyes off him," Rhodes said as Bruce took Peter's pulse.
"Peter, can you hear me?" Natasha asked softly.
"Come on kid, wake up," Tony whispered. He was scared, Peter had been doing so well and this was a scary remainder as to why he was still in the medbay and being carefully monitored.
"Talk to us Bruce," Natasha said.
"He's breathing but his pulse is weak."
"He's been complaining of being dizzy all day," Tony added.
"It might be dehydration then. We need to get him back to the medbay."
"Let me," Rhodes said and they all stood back as Rhodes took Peter into his arms and carried him into the medbay. Everyone followed behind him and Bruce immediately began putting saline through Peter intravenously.
"How long until he wakes up?" Tony asked.
"I don't know Tony."
"How do you not know? It can't be that bad, we walked into the kitchen together. He's not going to be out for another 5 days is he? I mean..." Tony rambled and Bruce, Natasha and Rhodes shared a look with one another before Natasha stepped forwards.
"Come on Tony. You're not helping Peter right now."
"No, get off, I need to protect my kid."
"I would like you to leave Tony," Bruce said firmly and Tony looked at him. "It's not serious. We just have to wait for the fluids to go through."
"Lets have dinner Tony," Natasha said and he turned to her. He knew that she was right.
"Ok. If Peter doesn't wake up you're off the team Banner," Tony threatened him before he looked at Peter's unconscious face. The door closed and Rhodes turned to Bruce.
"I'm sure he didn't mean it."
"He's just worried about Peter. He's threatened to kick me out of the Avengers lots of times before."
"Is he going to be ok?"
"Yeah, he'll be fine. They'll both be fine," Bruce said as he looked up at Rhodes.
"Ok," Rhodes agreed before Bruce continued his tests on Peter.