Day 11: Monday

Peter hobbled back into school on his crutches with Tony Stark beside him. Students avoided him in shock and awe. Flash squeezed and froze. First was gym class, the one class that Peter couldn't participate in. Instead, he went over and sat in the stalls next to Liz and Tony sat four rows behind him.
"Hey Peter," Liz said as Peter sat down.
"Hey Liz."
"How are you doing?"
"I'm good."
"When were you discharged from hospital? And why is Iron Man with you?"
"I was discharged on Saturday and Mr Stark wanted to see me about my internship."
"Really? Right after you came out of hospital?"
"Yeah."
"None believes it Peter. You know, that you know Tony Stark."
"Yeah, but he's right here."
"I know and that's why everyone is so shocked."
"Oh right," Peter said before he laughed awkwardly.
"Didn't you loose that internship?"
"I did, yeah. But I think Mr Stark feels bad and we had a chat so now..."
"He follows you round?"
"Yeah. I mean, no. No. He's here to, look after me."
"Why? He's Iron Man. You were sedated with a major illness, so why does he have to look after you?" Liz asked and Peter realised that they didn't know that he had been shot.
"Because, I erm. I didn't have a major illness."
"What do you mean? What was wrong with you then?"
"I was. I was shot," Peter said. By your dad, Peter thought as tears formed in his eyes
"Oh my God. Are you ok?"
"No. I mean, yes. I mean. I'm getting there," Peter replied nervously.
"Do you know who shot you? I mean, dad said that you were fine after you got out of the car," Liz said and Peter stared at her. "Peter? What's wrong?" Liz asked after a few moments and she lay her hand on-top of Peter's.
"I..." Peter gasped.
"Talk to me Pete," Tony said beside Peter, making him jump slightly.
"Peter?" Liz asked.
"I don't know," Peter gasped. "I was shot in the back so I didn't see who fired the bullet."
"Yeah, of course, sorry," Liz said before she paused and Peter nodded at Tony, showing him that he was ok. "I could talk to my dad and ask him if he saw anyone acting strange."
"Please don't," Peter replied a bit too quickly and Liz looked at him in hesitation. "Sorry, it's just. He was the last person I was with before all of this happened," Peter added.
"Of course. I'm sorry."
"No Liz, it's ok," Peter said and Tony decided to step in.
"Liz, I knew I recognised the name. You're the girl Peter has a crush on," Tony said as he offered his hand to Liz, happy to meet someone who knew where the Vulture was and he needed to give Peter a minute to calm down.
"Yeah, I guess. And you're Iron Man."
"Yes I am. You look like a girl who comes from a classy neighbourhood."
"Yeah, I live in the suburbs."
"Nice. I know a lot of good people who live out in the suburbs. West side?"
"East. Just north of the river."
"Oh, I love that place. With all the little ducks, I would love to take my wife up there some day and eat some sandwiches with her by the river side."
"That's sweet," Liz said as he frowned and the bell went for the end of the lesson. "And that's double biology, I'll see you later Peter."
"Yeah, I'll see you later Liz," Peter replied and he smiled at her as she walked off.
"I like her, good choice," Tony said before Peter turned to him.
"What was that?!" He whispered angrily to Tony.
"You said that Liz's dad is the Vulture. East side. Suburbs. Just north of the river with the ducks on. Oh, Pepper would love that. I just have to stalk Liz after school and boom, we can arrest the Vulture."
"What? No, you can't follow Liz home."
"Why not? Her dad shot you Peter, and you almost died. Or do you not remember the last week?"
"I can't remember most of the last week because I was sedated."
"That's true. I'm going to arrest this guy Pete and you have double physics I believe."
"Peter!" Ned called and he caught both Peter and Tony's attention. "You're back!"
"Yeah. Tony thought that it was about time for me to venture outside of the Avengers Tower," Peter said as Tony gave him his crutches and he stood up.
"You're looking good dude!"
"Thanks man. Where's MJ?"
"She's keeping her head down. People are asking her why Iron Man is with you."
"I'm not sure that even I know the answer to that. I tried to explain to to Liz but then she asked about who shot me."
"Who did shoot you Peter?"
"It doesn't matter," Peter said as they began heading to their next class.
"How did it feel? Getting shot?"
"Awful dude. It felt like I was dying."
"You were dying," Tony interjected.
"Yeah... I felt like really light headed and weak."
"As well as dizzy, nauseous, tired..."
"Ok. That's enough, thank you Mr Stark."
"Ok. But Iron Man had to help you to walk right?"
"Yeah, he supported me as I tried to walk across the room."
"Three times, and only on the third attempt did he succeed."
"Aw, dude."
"I'm ok now though Ned."
"Yeah, but you're still walking with crutches."
"I know. And I've got Tony with me," Peter replied as they arrived at their next class.
//
Peter walked with Tony onto the school bus.
"Ok kid you first."
"You're coming on the school bus as well? I know my way home Mr Stark."
"Your Aunt May and I only agreed to let you come to school if one of us was present at all times until you're fully recovered. May's going to pick you up at the other end while I have an errand to run."
"Mr Stark, you're not going to?"
"That's settled, after you," Tony said and Peter climbed onto the bus. Tony followed Peter on and he saw Flash staring at him with wide eyes. Half way down the bus, Peter closed his eyes and fell back against Tony.
"Peter!" Ned shouted as he stood up and the whole bus went quiet. Tony caught Peter as his crutches clattered onto the floor. Ned picked them up and Tony shook Peter.
"No. Mm tired," Peter mumbled.
"Is he ok?"
"He's fine. He's just fallen asleep. Carry on as usual," Tony said before he picked Peter up and carried him sideways through bus until he got to Ned's row. Tony placed Peter gently onto the seat beside Ned and did up the seatbelt. "Make sure he doesn't bang his head," Tony told Ned.
"Yes sir," Ned replied and Tony sat behind Ned. He put his glasses on as the bus began to move.
"Status report Friday."
"Pepper attended the press conference in your place and the plans have been agreed."
"Well done Pepper," Tony said before he too began to drift off back to sleep.
//
The bus stopped and Ned poked Tony.
"Hm?"
"This is Peter's stop Mr Stark."
"Oh, thanks Ned," Tony said as he stood up. "Keep hold of the crutches, we'll need them tomorrow," Tony said as he undid Peter's seatbelt and carried Peter, bridal style off the bus.
"Peter. Is he ok?" May gasped as Tony stepped out of the bus with Peter in his arms.
"He's just fallen asleep May. Can you carry him?"
"Yeah, I think so," May said before Tony carefully transferred Peter into her arms. "Oh, he's gained some muscle."
"Yeah, he's too youthful. It's annoying," Tony said as May smiled and the bus drove off. "Get him home and tuck him into his bed May. I've got some business to attend to, but if something serious happens, call me."
"Ok."
"Send me my suit Friday," Tony said and May smiled before she turned and began walking back towards her flat.