I

✙✙✙

✙✙✙

ONE WEEK LATER

To say that Victoria was nervous would be and understatement. She had never been the new girl; all her life, she had lived in San Fransisco, always having her best friend Cindy by her side. But now none of those statements were true, and she could feel the anxiety creeping in with the fact that she will be starting at a new school in approximatively one hour.

But, Victoria did what she has been doing since she could walk, and composed herself and banished those thoughts of nervousness. She was Victoria Murphy, always composed, always guarded, and most importantly always right. The past week was nothing but a small bump in her road to greatness, at least that is what she told herself. She didn't quite know how to grieve, and after the initial shock wore off, and people stopped calling her a freak (thanks to the move), she went on with business as usual.

Pretending everything was fine was the way she grieved, she had decided whilst unpacking her new room. Sitting down at her vanity and brushing her shoulder length brown hair, she applied her makeup. Satisfied with how she looked after having popped on her cherry chapstick, she stood up and brushed off her yellow dress.

She was interrupted by her mum knocking on her doorframe, who smiled kindly. "You look beautiful honey. Nervous?"

She smiled at her warmly and laughed, "why would I be? This will be a piece of cake."

Her mum laughed lightly, glad at how her daughter was handling the situation, and walked away. Victoria grabbed her school bag and after yelling goodbye to her parents exited the house and started her walk to school. The new town they moved to was mostly covered in a gigantic forest, but Victoria wasn't complaining. It was a nice contrast to San Fransisco. Finally making it to the school, she made her way inside and glanced around. It was a lot smaller than her high school in San Fransisco, but once again, she wasn't complaining.

She trekked to the principles office, and opened the door after knocking. She was met with a woman sitting at a desk. Victoria smiled at her, "Hello, I'm Victoria and I'm new here. I came to collect my schedule."

The woman nodded and smiled whilst getting up, "I'm Assistant Principle Glover, welcome to our school!" She turned around and opened a drawer, "Here you go!" she said whilst handing the schedule over.

Victoria smiled and thanked her, then turned around to leave. Exiting the room and turning to look for her locker, she looked up to see someone bumping into her at full force, her books flying everywhere and her schedule ripping into two from the weight of the books. "Fuck! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!"

Victoria looked up to the owner of the voice and saw a long brown haired boy with deep brown eyes. She scowled at him, "Yeah, I could tell when you rammed into me." She bent down to pick up her books at the same time as the boy, making their heads bump together. "Oh my god! You are insufferable!"