VI

✙✙✙

✙✙✙

Victoria sighed softly, mixing her iced coffee with the straw. Shortly after her meeting with Nick, her brother, she had received a text from Susie to hang out with her and the others at Dr. Cerberus'. She had agreed, of course, knowing that she had to let her new friends know about her transfer to another school.

Though she had only known Susie for a week, she knew she was going to miss her dearly. The two of them had clicked instantly, and Victoria was doubtful she would click like that with one of the witches at the Academy.

She was sat in a booth, Roz next to her, Harvey and Susie in front of her. They had informed her that Sabrina couldn't make it because she had something to do with her aunts.

"So," Susie started, "how was your first week at Baxter High?"

Victoria cringed slightly, not having wanted to get to the point straight away. She cleared her throat, "Well, it was amazing actually." She smiled fondly at Susie, who returned her smile with a cheerful one. "I had a lot of fun and you have helped me feel welcome to Baxter High in ways I cannot begin to explain." You made me stop thinking about Cindy possible, Victoria thought to herself.

Susie's smile widened, "I am glad to hear that. I'm so happy you transferred to our school, I don't know what I'd do without you in chemistry." At that, both girls laughed.

Roz smiled at them, "Yeah, Victoria, you are a great contribution to the morale at Baxter."

Victoria smiled at her, before sighing deeply. "I, uh, actually have something to confess."

The two of them glanced at her in query, even Harvey, who previously had been staring out the window glanced at her. Victoria continued, "My parents decided to transfer me to a private school, here in Greendale. Something about how that High School has a lot more students who were accepted into Ivy League universities." Victoria lied straight through her teeth.

Susie and Roz's smiles quickly turned into frowns, though Victoria did not miss the small quirk upwards of Harvey's lips.

"What? Really?" Roz exclaimed.

Susie nodded at Roz, then turned towards Victoria, "But you have only been here a week!"

Victoria looked at them apologetically, "I'm sorry guys, I have no choice." That wasn't completely a lie; Victoria couldn't risk accidentally killing one of them like she had killed Cindy. "Believe me, I would much rather stay here at Baxter with you guys." She glanced at Susie sadly, "But I promise we will keep in touch. We can still meet up on weekends and hang out. Nothing has to change."

Susie nodded, "Agreed, we can make this work. When will you start at this new school?"

Victoria sighed deeply, "On Monday."

✙✙✙

Susie and Roz had left to get their second round of hot chocolate, leaving Harvey and Victoria alone in the booth. To say that the awkward tension could be cut with a knife in the booth would be putting it lightly. Sure, they had made a truce to be neutral with each other, but neither party was quite sure how to proceed now.

Victoria cleared her throat, dying to end the silence. "So..." she trailed of glancing at Harvey, "the weather is really nice today."

Harvey glanced at her with an unamused face, not wanting to make conversation with the rude girl all his friends seemed to love, but still wanting to end the awful silence. "Yeah, it's usually quite gloomy in Greendale, but for once the weather decided to act right, I guess." He cleared his throat, deciding on asking the only question he could think of. "What school are you transferring to?"

Victoria wasn't quite sure how to reply to that question, "Uh, I don't think you've heard of it." She stammered.

Harvey quirked an eyebrow, " Try me."

Victoria sighed, seeing that there was no way to escape the question. "It's called the Academy..." She trailed of, never having been quite good at lying, "of Strasbourg. It's a really well known institute. My brother goes there too." She quickly added, before her eyes widened, realising Harvey was the first one she had informed of the existence of her brother. Not exactly how she had planned it.

Harvey nodded, "Your brother? How old is he?"

Victoria smiled at the thought of Nick, "He's seventeen."

✙✙✙

Victoria sighed deeply, staring at her front door. The reason behind her hesitation to enter was that she would have to face her parents, and she wasn't exactly sure what to tell them. She had decided right after finding out she was a witch that she would not involve her parents in the world of magic; it was far too dangerous.

After some contemplation, she placed her key into the keyhole, opening the door. She stepped inside to see her mum and dad sitting in the living room, her father's arm draped over her mother's shoulder, peacefully watching a movie.

Upon noticing his daughter, Carl paused the movie. "Hey honey, how are you? How was your day?"

Victoria shoved her hands in her pocket, sitting down on an armchair in the living room. "Pretty nice. I went to Dr. Cerberus' with my friends after Father Blackwood left."

Her parents nodded, "I forgot to ask before you ran out the door, but what did that man want?" Her mum asked.

Victoria smiled at her parents, praying to the Dark Lord her smile was convincing. "He offered me a full scholarship at the private boarding school here in Greendale." She paused, gauging her parents reaction. After seeing that they were waiting for her to continue, she decided to do so. "It's a really elite school, apparently a lot of their graduates get accepted into Ivy League colleges. Father Blackwood informed me that they saw my dossier and thought it was really impressive." She had decided on selling them the same lies as her friends.

"And how would that work? Would you come home on the weekends?" Her father asked.

Victoria nodded, "Yes, I would. And he offered for me to start on Monday."

Her mother looked at her in concern, "Are you sure you'd want to do that honey? You just started at this new school, are you sure you want to go through with being the new girl again?"

Victoria smiled and grabbed her mum's hand in comfort. "Yes, I'm sure mum, don't worry about me." She paused, before continuing. "I believe this is the best thing for my education, so I want to go through with it." That at least wasn't a lie, Victoria thought to herself.

" That at least wasn't a lie, Victoria thought to herself

an: this is a transition chapter but it had to be done. plus, we got some awkwardish Harvey/Victoria (varvey? minkle? what's the ship name peeps) scenes

h xx