XII

✙✙✙

✙✙✙

She laughed as he dragged her further into the woods, not understanding where exactly they were going. But she trusted him with every ounce of her being, so there wasn't much to fear.

"So, Kinkle, you do realise kidnapping is punishable by the law?"

The brown haired boy smirked at her, her humour never ceasing to lift his spirits. Being extremely close friends, even if only for a couple of months now, he had grown used to her sarcastic nature. She was exactly like her brother.

"Just wait until we get there."

"Where exactly is there if I might ask? I don't like not being informed." She humphed.

The boy grinned at her, before finally tugging her into a clearing. "You sure are one impatient witch."

About to retort, the girl froze when she realised the set up of the meadow. "When did you prepare this? How? Why? Wha-"

The boy laughed, tugging her towards the blanket. "Theo actually helped me set it up." He cleared his throat, suddenly seeming nervous. "There's actually something I need to tell you."

✙✙✙

Victoria awoke with a start, her head pounding. She had been having more dreams than usual ever since she moved into the Academy, but this one seemed extremely real. Too real for a dream. It was more like a memory, yet she had never been in that clearing. Or for that matter had a conversation that long with the one and only Harvey Kinkle.

She grumbled, having grown accustomed to his presence in her dreams. He seemed to not want to leave her sleeping self alone, and it was safe to say she was slightly irritated. She still hadn't told anyone about her "soulmate" prediction, the only person who would understand the complete story would be Sabrina. And, well, she couldn't exactly spill the beans to her, for obvious reasons.

Heavens, she wasn't even sure it was a real prediction and not an accident.

But, today was going to be a normal day. She was going home to visit her parents, whom she missed dearly and couldn't wait to see. Sundays were the only days in her life were she could pretend for 24 hours to still be a mortal, and she was keen on using every last second of this day to be as normal as possible.

She headed down towards the breakfast hall, having gotten ready and presentable for the day. Grabbing a tray, she filled it up with her food of choice. Spotting Sabrina, she headed over to her table, noticing her equally disheveled appearance.

After being told by Quentin at sunrise that they were free to go and didn't have to listen to the screams anymore, Victoria went straight upstairs to her dorm and crashed. It was currently 11, which meant she had gotten a measly six hours of sleep.

She placed her tray down, Sabrina smiling up at her tiredly. "Hey, how did you sleep?"

Victoria smiled back. "Rather well actually. I managed to block out all the memories of the screams, so it wasn't that bad."

Sabrina nodded, about to speak up before she stopped, seeming to hesitate. Victoria, upon noticing, decided to ask, "what?"

"Well, you see, last night I heard Roz's scream, Susie's scream, heaven even Harvey's scream," Victoria noticed the ridiculous tone she used at that, but decided to ask later. "And you heard Nick's scream, who I recognised, but there was this girl's scream who I didn't recognise."

Victoria froze, staring down at her tray. Sabrina continued, her voice taking on a gentle tone. "May I ask who was that? And why were they blaming you for their death?"

Victoria cleared her throat, knowing she can trust Sabrina with this, but still feeling her throat tightening. "That was my best friend Cindy." She said glumly, twirling her bracelet. "This was our friendship bracelet. A few weeks before starting at Baxter High, I killed her on accident."

Sabrina's eyes widened, Victoria deciding to continue in a hurry before she jumps to any conclusions. "It was at a party. She had convinced me to go, and by midnight neither one of us were sober. I don't even know who got the ouija board out, but I straight away didn't want to partake. She begged me to. I didn't know I was a witch."

Tears gathered in Victoria's eyes, for the first time since Cindy had died. Sabrina comfortingly took Victoria's hand in hers. "I-I didn't know, and because of my stupidity she died. I unleashed a demon who killed her." She cleared her throat and wiped harshly at her eyes. She laughed bitterly, "that's actually why Father Blackwood found me, and how I found Nick. In a way, it's kind of bittersweet."

Sabrina nodded understandingly. "I'm sorry for your loss. And it wasn't your fault, I swear."

Victoria smiled sadly at her, before deciding to change the topic. She cleared her throat, putting on a convincing smile and asking about the first topic she could think of. "Earlier, you sounded a bit funny when you said you even heard Harvey's scream. Aren't you two meant to be in love?" She stared at her blonde haired friend quizzically.

Sabrina sighed, before toying with her food. "You know, we grew up as best friends. He had always had my back. It was one of those friendships where we owed it to ourselves to try and see if we could be more, but I don't really think it's working." She paused, before continuing. " I think he feels the same way though, since we haven't kissed in a while, nor said I love you or anything like that. In a way it's weird, but I hope we can go back to just being best friends."

Victoria gulped, not expecting that.

an: heyo guys I'm back with another double update! and check it this amazing banner mikaelsluts made for me!! thank you so much again mar :))

h xx