XI

✙✙✙

✙✙✙

Having finished her first elementalism class, Victoria was heading to the exit of the school. She was a bit disappointed, the lesson having been nothing more than meditation and prayer, but according to Sister Ophelia that is how all elementalists must start. She had given her a book to read, it having been written by one of her ancestors, Angeline Covella, the surname having been her mother's maiden name. Apparently the book was meant to aid her in understanding her powers and how to use them. Hell knows she need help with that.

Having reached the exit, she sighed, hoisting her bag higher on her shoulders and beginning her trek to Susie's house. She had texted her the night prior to inform her that her father was gone for the weekend and Victoria was welcome to stop by anytime. Today being her only day off, having promised tomorrow to her parents, she had told Susie she would arrive shortly before noon.

As always, the trek through the woods had been pleasant, Victoria finally understanding why she was so drawn to nature, and why she enjoyed the walks in this forest so much. She was eager to understand more about her powers, but she trusted Sister Ophelia and her teaching methods.

Finally reaching Susie's house, she knocked once on the door. Not having the time to even knock a second time, the door swung open, and a small figure jumped at her.

Victoria braced herself, hugging Susie back just as tightly, laughing at the girl's excitedness. "Hey." She grinned down at Susie.

Susie grinned back up at her, "hi! I'm so happy you're here. I missed you at school."

Victoria smiled at her sadly, stepping through the door and heading inside on Susie's beckoning. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that."

Susie laughed, "it's fine don't worry, your education is more important." She turned to Victoria and smiled, the two girls having settled down on the couch. "How is it by the way?"

"Well, I actually attend the school with my brother, so it's pretty nice."

Susie's eyebrows furrowed. "Your brother?"

Victoria smiled gently. "Yeah, my real brother. I actually found out he existed last week. He found me and informed me about it, so it's pretty cool."

Susie hugged her tightly, pulling away to smile at her. "Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!"

Victoria smiled gently, about to continue the conversation when she heard thrashing coming from upstairs. She furrowed her eyebrows, turning towards Susie and catching a glimpse of her nervous expression. "What was that?"

Susie sighed. "That's my uncle; he had an accident in the mines a while ago, and ever since then he has not been the same. He's very sick, so my dad and I take care of him."

Victoria nodded in understanding. "I see."

Suddenly, knocking was heard from the door, and both girls got up to see who it was. Susie opened the door to reveal Roz, and the Murphy-Scratch girl quickly hugged the girl in greeting.

Susie turned towards Victoria. "Roz is staying with me for the weekend, since I don't want to be home alone with my uncle."

Roz nodded, "Yeah, I just left to go to the store to buy some snacks."

Victoria nodded, smiling. "I see." She paused, glancing happily at the girls around her. "Shall we start watching the horror movie then?"

✙✙✙

Victoria sighed, entering the Academy. As she was making her way up the stairs, she spotted Sabrina walking down it, the Weird Sisters menacingly following behind her.

She stopped, blocking Sabrina's way, sensing the blonde's unease. "What's going on here?"

Sabrina glanced at her tiredly, about to speak up, but Prudence beat her to it. "It is night two of the harrowing. We're taking Sabrina somewhere very special."

Victoria's eyebrows furrowed at her roommate, not having expected her to be so cruel. "Why are you doing this to her? You didn't harrow me either, can't you make another exception?"

"No, she is a filthy half-mortal, there are no exceptions for her kind." Prudence sneered.

Victoria stared at her calculatingly, then at Sabrina's exhausted and scared form, before glancing back at her roommate. "Very well." She paused, "but you will have to take me too."

"No, you don't!" Sabrina spoke up quickly, glaring at her friend.

Victoria matched her stare, but her words were directed at Prudence. She spoke in a leveled tone. "Yes, you do."

Prudence scoffed. "Very well, start moving then."

Having finally reached their destination, a meadow with a tree in the middle of it, the sisters started explaining how the Greendale Thirteen took this path many years ago.

Having reached the tree, Sabrina spoke up. "What," she paused, "What do I do now?"

"You do exactly as the Greendale Thirteen." Prudence sneered, "You stand in the wet, cold night." The sisters started undressing them, "Exposed. Without shoes. Without rest. And you don't turn around, no matter what you hear."

With that, the three sisters disappeared.

Victoria grabbed Sabrina's hand, holding on firmly. She smiled at her wearily before they heard the first scream.

 She smiled at her wearily before they heard the first scream