X

✙✙✙

✙✙✙

Victoria woke up that morning rather early, not having been able to sleep much the night before. She had her first elementalism class today, and it was safe to say she was terrified. She didn't know what being an elementalist entailed, having no idea what her powers were. Heaven, it was Nicholas who was so sure about her having them; she had never even noticed them.

She stretched her back and got out of bed lazily, doing her usual morning routine. Having put on a black long sleeved turtleneck dress, she walked over to her mirror to try and arrange her hair. She had left her straightener at home, so the curls had appeared after she had washed her hair yesterday. She decided on trying to tie it up, but when that attempt revealed to be futile, as she looked awful, she gave up with a huff and let her shoulder length wavy brown hair hang naturally.

She then proceeded to apply some makeup, feeling the need to impress her witch and warlock classmates; she was still the new girl, and all she was known as was Nicholas Scratch's younger sister. They could at least throw pretty into that mix, if they didn't know her for her brains and talents yet.

She exited the room, running straight into something, and cursing herself for somehow always running into someone like this; leave it to Victoria Murphy-Scratch-Whatever to be clumsy.

She steadied herself, grabbing onto the shoulders of the person in front of her, only to realise she knew the girl in front of her. "Sabrina?" Victoria furrowed her eyebrows upon noticing the dark circles under her friend's eyes, and her disheveled state. "Are you alright?"

Sabrina sighed deeply, glancing at Victoria glumly. "Well, I'd like to say yes, but in truth I am not. I just went through night one of the harrowing. How in the heaven did you survive that?"

Victoria blinked in confusion, "the harrowing?"

Sabrina nodded, "Yes, it's this barbaric ceremony of the Academy to welcome new witches. Basically they just torture them for three nights straight." Her brows furrowed in confusion. "Did you not go through it?"

Victoria mirrored her facial expression. "No, I just started school straight away. " She let out a breath. "That's weird."

Sabrina nodded. "Anyways, I'm on my way to take a shower and freshen up. See you at breakfast?"

Victoria nodded, smiling gently at her friend before moving along. She made her way to the breakfast hall and quickly grabbed a tray, collecting her breakfast. She glanced around, noticing her brother was already sitting at a table. She made her way towards him, sitting down and smiling at him in greeting before digging into her food.

"Do you by any chance know why I didn't get harrowed?"

Nick's eyebrows shot up. "Why are you asking me this?"

"Because for some reason I did not get harrowed, yet Sabrina is."

Nick cleared his throat. "I forbade them from doing it."