IX

✙✙✙

✙✙✙

To say that Victoria was surprised would be putting it lightly. As she stared at blonde in front of her with her mouth hanging wide open, she was even more stunned when Sabrina mirrored her expression of complete  shock.

"Victoria?" The blonde's voice was a few octaves higher than normal. "What are you doing here? Suzie said that you are going to some private sch-" Suddenly she stopped, realisation flashing across her features. "The private school you told them about was the Academy?"

Victoria nodded, confusion still evident on her features. Noticing the students who were starting to stare, including her brother, she grabbed Sabrina's arm and started dragging her towards the garden. "Come with me, we need to talk, but not here. I finished for the day."

Sabrina nodded, her confusion still evident as well. "Okay, sure."

As soon as they had reached the doors and entered the garden, Victoria spun around to face the blonde girl. "You're a witch too?!"

Sabrina's eyes widened, nodding slightly. "Yeah, and I'm guessing by the 'too' that you are a witch as well." She paused momentarily, glancing at Victoria. "I have so many questions, how come you enrolled for a week at Baxter High?"

Victoria giggled, happy to have her friend be at her new school. "I didn't know I was a witch. I only found out the next day after our joined birthday party."

Sabrina's eyes widened. "So you didn't know your life you were a witch? How is that possible? There are no such things as muggle-borns in real life."

Victoria sighed, sitting down on a bench, Sabrina following suit. "I wasn't born to two humans; I was adopted. My name is actually Victoria Scratch, and I have a brother named Nicholas Scratch. He goes here too, you might have already met him."

Sabrina's eyes widened, a faint blush present on her cheek. "Um, yeah, I met him briefly." She cleared her throat. "Well that is wonderful to hear." She smiled at Victoria. "I am really glad I have a friend here, I have been hesitant to come to the Academy and leave my human life behind completely, but I'm glad I can be in your company on the days that I am here."

Victoria's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean, the days that you are here?"

Sabrina sighed. "Well, this weekend is only my introduction,  as I had my dark baptism, or well would have had my dark baptism last Friday on my 16th birthday but I refused to. I don't want to leave my mortal life behind, and I just found it way too creepy to go through with."

Victoria nodded, glancing at the blonde. "I absolutely understand what you mean, I was so freaked out during it. I don't know how I would have been able to go over it if Nick wouldn't have been there and supported me the whole way through. He even refused to undress me or have anyone undress me, saying that I was a new witch and that the coven should not scare me off before I even join them."

Sabrina smiled at her. "Nick seems like a wonderful brother, I was just briefly introduced to him at lunch and he was walking me to class right as you bumped into me."

Victoria's eyes widened, "You skipped class for me?"

Sabrina nodded. "I had to find out what you were doing here."

Victoria smiled at her gently. "By the way, I don't think you completely have to leave your mortal life behind. I too can be considered a half witch half mortal, maybe not by blood but by upbringing, and no way am I just going to stop talking to my parents. Or Suzie for that matter."

Sabrina nodded, then sighed. "I suppose you are right, I don't know. I'm just so confused."

Victoria grabbed her hand, holding it tightly.

✙✙✙

Victoria laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling, a million thoughts running through her head. She had finally finished her first week at the Academy, got to spend time with her brother, and found out she actually wasn't a terrible witch. She managed to catch up pretty quick, all the other witches being in awe when they heard that she summoned a demon on accident. The rumours seemed to be flying around the school about her the past week, and even though she felt bad for thinking this, she was glad that the gossiping witches had turned to Sabrina instead of her.

She had her first class with Sister Ophelia tomorrow morning, and she was nervous. It was nerve wracking that everyone kept mentioning how powerful and rare elementalism is, since Victoria wasn't even sure she possessed this power. Sure, she liked talking to plants, but that was it. She never thought much about her gardening hobby; she was sure many Grandmas talked to their plants too.

On top of that, she couldn't wrap her head around the huge mistake she had made joining Cartology class; Nicholas had to have been wrong, she couldn't possibly possess divination skills. It wasn't possible. The future she had predicted for herself had to be incorrect; she did not find it plausible to be in love with Harvey freaking Kinkle. She just did not.

Not only was he currently dating one of her friends, whom she loved dearly, she also could not stand him. Her and Harvey did not mix; her future was going to have to accept that. It had to have been a mistake that she predicted that he was her soulmate of all things. Not her crush, or someone she found cute; she straight up predicted he was her soulmate, something she didn't even believe in.

Sure, she had been in love once before; a boy named Justin, whom they broke up with a few months before the incident. It had been mutual, both party finding that they didn't feel the same as they had at the beginning of their relationship. They had stayed friends until the incident, where he was also present. He had decided to start calling her a freak too.

Oh, if only he knew.

The opening of the bathroom door interrupted her train of thoughts. Prudence stepped out, dressed in her dressing gown. Victoria smiled at her. "Going to bed too?"

Prudence only laughed, though Victoria didn't realise the underlying menacing tone. "No, I have some things to do with my Sisters, but I will be back soon. I'll try not to wake you when I come back in."

And with that, Prudence left.

an: I have decided on an update schedule for this book, so expect a new chapter every weekend! :)