six | kids are worse. way, way worse

This here's a tale for all the fellas
Tryin' to do what those ladies tell us
Get shot down cause ya over-zealous

The classic song 'Bust a move' by Young MC played over a radio Ben had brought as you sat and relaxed under the sun.

You weren't entirely sure how Beverly had convinced you to sunbathe, but she had. It's like when you were around her all your insecurities melted away, and here you were, laying on your back under the sun next to her.

Play hard to get females get jealous
Okay smarty go to a party
Girls are scantily clad and showin' body

You could feel the boy's eyes on you, and you could tell Beverly could feel it too because she turned to you with a grin on her face.

"They're watching us," she pointed out, and you grinned back at her.

"They're watching you," you corrected, pulling your sunglasses off.

"I wouldn't be so sure... Bill seems to be pretty interested," she teased, before turning and looking towards the boys, which caused them to immediately move and try and seem like they weren't just checking the two girls out.

A chick walks by you wish you could sex her
But you're standing on the wall like you was Poindexter
Next days function high-class luncheon

They all turned away which caused you to laugh lightly before standing and walking over to your bag, which was sitting beside Bill.

He was turned towards the water, biting his lip, trying not to look you in the eye and you just shook your head in amusement before plopping down on the log beside him.

"News flash Ben, schools out for Summa!" You heard Richie exclaim, and you turned to see him going through Ben's school bag.

"Oh, that? That's not school stuff," Ben replied.

Suddenly Richie pulled out a postcard that had writing on the back of it. You tilted your head, leaning over Ben to look.

"Who sent you this?!" Richie teased.

"No one, give it! No one." Ben grabbed the card and shoved it down to the bottom of his bag before turning back to the group. Weird.

Bill seemed to have gotten over his initial embarrassment of being caught checking you out because he turned and looked at the pair.

Richie pulled out a binder with some newspapers, "what's with the history project?"

"Oh... Well, when I first moved here, I didn't have anyone to hang out with," Ben started explaining, while Richie handed the binder to you, "so I started spending time in the library."

You rested the binder on your lap, leaning towards Bill so he could see as well. He started looking at it, his body brushing up against your side as he did, and you tried to ignore the blush creeping up your neck at the feeling of his bare skin against your own.

"You went to the library? On purpose?" You heard Richie question.

"Oh, I wanna see!" Beverly said, before coming and sitting on the other side of Bill. She took the book out of your lap and examined it, before looking up at Bill.

"What's the black spot?" Stanley asked and you turned to him.

"The black spot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by a racist cult," you explained. He didn't seem convinced.

"The what?"

"Don't you watch Geraldo?" Richie asked him and you roll your eyes.

"Y-y-your hair," you heard Bill say to Beverly, and you turned back to them. He was looking at her now-short hair, and you tilted your head. It's like you hadn't even noticed, and you felt bad for not noticing her change.